Carista App

Keef

Reaction score
I bought the app & dongle for my B8.5
Currently not supported for the B9 but had an email today saying they are currently beta-testing customizations for the B9.

http://www.caristaapp.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
I bought the app & dongle for my B8.5
Currently not supported for the B9 but had an email today saying they are currently beta-testing customizations for the B9.

i am part of the beta but i couldn't connect with my BT dongle. It's not the official dongle but it is one that works fine with Carista on my Cupra, so I'm unsure which is at fault.

I would ask them if you can beta test, to be fair they offered for me to without me needing to ask, so maybe they have enough testers now.. but worth a punt. (also you'd get free changes etc)

Reactions: Keef
I've got the carista dongle so might drop them a line and see if I can get the beta

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Spaceman_RS3
Just a quick update, emailed Carista and now have the beta update for testing, won't get chance to play until the weekend, but judge if by the description of the update there's not much new for the B9.

Reactions: scotty76
Finally got around to playing with the beta version, 3.5 beta 350015.

Still not much customisation for the B9, a few screen shots of the options below:-
IMG 4293 IMG 4294 IMG 4295 IMG 4296 IMG 4297 IMG 4298

Didn't change anything but disco lights option sounds fun

Unfortuntely so did I, can't think why as I hate the music....

Thinking of buying this, are there many more customisation a now? Are they available in the normal version?

@jwa1 not checked for a while, just downloaded the latest beta version so will have a play later and report back.

Still pretty bare for the B9, I ended up picking up an OBDeleven to do the bits I wanted

I have an ODBII dongle from my previous car with was a BMW. It seems like Carissa is quite cross compatible so I’m hopeful it will work with this. How do we get hold of beta versions? Do we need to install the iOS SDK and testing platform?

Ok I am thinking of taking the plunge with this, as there are a one or two things I wish to enable, rear lights on with the DLR's for a start. I suppose it's working fine now with the B9 but any tips, or links to thread, I'd much appreciate it. Or just PM me. Or you could wind me up by saying read the manual ;-)
Cheers....

I’d also be interested to know if they have added more features.. :)

Their website is saying the customisation part of the app is still not working which is mainly why I would want it.

Their website is saying the customisation part of the app is still not working which is mainly why I would want it.
So I still cannot switch on features, such as the real lights on, yet with this app?

Looks to only be available for Android?

Good point. I bought a Kindle Fire for £45 on Amazon to use it, but yes it is an additional cost if you don't have an Android phone.

Reactions: Riko0073
I’ve e-mailed Carista to enquirer about the development for the B9 and the Beta version.

Reactions: TC18
Customisation for the B9 is poor to say the least, in all the time I've been downloading the beta versions nothing new for our cars, zip, nadda, nowt! I won't be renewing my subscription when it's up.

I'm lucky enough to have bought mine before the subscription model was introduced. Used it a lot on my B8.5, plenty of customisations. B9, well, like has already been said, not many at the moment (Needle Sweep, Lap Timer). Not many more in the beta version either currently. I find it easier just to email them asking what is in the beta for B9, rather than keep re-installing the beta to find out.

Update from Carista...B9 still in Beta phase but offered to include me and send me a link if I have the adaptor, which I’ve ordered.

I’m happy to get used to using it and hopefully more customisable bits added in future.

I might have to try the disco light mode..purely for the kids not me...honest!

Reactions: cuke2u
Well I’ve had the Beta for a few days now and as others have said it’s pretty sparce on the customisations!

Even the ‘disco light’ mode which I thought would add another option into the MMI only works for the time you set it via the app but then reverts to individual mode settings once you’ve turned off the car, requiring you to re-plug in the dongle and re-select.

All other options were already enabled apart from the MMI start up screen which gives you 8 options, haven’t yet played with this to see what you can change it to.

I hope they add far more options once the B9 is fully developed but so far disappointing!

I had a reply to my email, they admitted that over the coming months they are concentrating on Toyota cars and that at the moment, they don’t offer much for the B9 in terms of customisation (we already knew this). The email was open and honest and once they have more to offer I wouldn’t have any problems in buying from them.. just looks like I’m going to have to invest in an android product in the mean time :weary:

Reactions: Riko0073
Just downloaded the latest beta testing version so thought I’d see if there’s anything new!
My subscription had now expired and I’ve no intention to renew unit this gets a better option for customisation.

Anyways, the current version is:-
3.7 beta 370936

Can’t see any new functionality, in fact some of the options I originally posted above seem to have disappeared!

The one thing I have actually changed now is the soundacktor volume, set to zero, was on 96%.

Just downloaded the latest beta testing version so thought I’d see if there’s anything new!
My subscription had now expired and I’ve no intention to renew unit this gets a better option for customisation.

Anyways, the current version is:-
3.7 beta 370936

Can’t see any new functionality, in fact some of the options I originally posted above seem to have disappeared!

The one thing I have actually changed now is the soundacktor volume, set to zero, was on 96%.
I noticed the soundaktor setting option but didn’t think the S4 had any fake noise?

Agreed the customisation options are pretty poor right now for the B9!

We’ve all got it! Even the RS4
I had previously experimented with pulling fuses, completely forgot you could do it with Carista

Reactions: mojo555
According to this poster on audiworld.com, he's managed to successfully disable stop/start permanently using the beta Carista app on the B9. Could someone pls confirm this actually works? I don't have an Android phone so can't (won't) use OBD11 but have an iPhone. Just want the cheapest way to permanently disable stop/start.

Cheers.

I’ll have a look and report back, I do recall seeing this function and im sure there was 2 options.

Won’t be able to test as I won’t be changing mine though, in all honesty stop/start doesn’t really bother me that much, guess I’ve just got use to it.

Reactions: psychopomp1
I’ll have a look and report back, I do recall seeing this function and im sure there was 2 options.

Won’t be able to test as I won’t be changing mine though, in all honesty stop/start doesn’t really bother me that much, guess I’ve just got use to it.
Thanks keef, yeah even screenshots will do. Have you also seen any option to enable audio 'chirps' when locking/unlocking your car?

Also how soon do you get access to Carista beta app? Is there a long waiting list or do you get access pretty much straight away upon request? How do you install the beta app?

Last edited:
Ok Carista support have confirmed that disabling stop/start is possible via their beta app. So have requested access , just waiting for the dongle to arrive. Btw how do you install the beta app on iOS? Direct from App Store or do you have to faff around with ipa files?

@psychopomp1 sorry not had chance to look at this yet!
For the beta version you need to download an app called TestFlight, as I recall they’ll tell you what to do when the email you the invite

Got the Carista OBD2 dongle and access to the beta app on my iPhone but unfortunately the option to disable stop/start doesn't work on my MY18 B9. This is the screen which appears in the app:

Only option A can be selected/changed, option B doesn nothing.

Perhaps the ECU software is too new? Anyway I'm not expecting Carista to fix this as they'll probably just say "tough luck, app is in beta" though I have reported the issue to them. In the meantime I have ordered the Kufatec dongle, hopefully this does the trick!

https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/d...agen-audi/coding-interface-disable-start-stop