Carista App

Known bug, few of us have the same issue with TSR

Has anyone actually managed to get the TSR working with Carista as yet? I got the latest update to the beta today from Carista but only have steps 3-5 available despite having the camera installed. When I load these in, the DIS shows the screen but no traffic signs are being recognised - i had hoped this would have been sorted on the latest beta. The fact that the display on the DIS is working would show that it doesn't matter if you don't have the virtual cockpit for this...

So far I have the following working okay and really pleased with them.

High Beam Assist
Disable Start/Stop
Lap Timer
Oil Temp Display
Cancel the beeping when closing the boot from inside

20190510 134553

Has anyone actually managed to get the TSR working with Carista as yet? I got the latest update to the beta today from Carista but only have steps 3-5 available despite having the camera installed. When I load these in, the DIS shows the screen but no traffic signs are being recognised - i had hoped this would have been sorted on the latest beta. The fact that the display on the DIS is working would show that it doesn't matter if you don't have the virtual cockpit for this...

So far I have the following working okay and really pleased with them.

High Beam Assist
Disable Start/Stop
Lap Timer
Oil Temp Display
Cancel the beeping when closing the boot from inside

View attachment 182450

Not that I'm aware of, we all have the same experience. TSR shows in the virtual cockpit / DIS, but it says no signs are recognised. I'm going to try the temperature range change on the front camera module later and see if it changes anything.

Reactions: craigomills
I’ve had another play with some settings, turns out one of the changes I made stopped my tailgate from lowering and locking the car at the same time, can’t remember what it was off the top of my head.

I can’t imagine they will get TSR properly working until near the end of the beta testing. It’s a popular feature request, as soon as they activate it the large majority that are beta testing will more than likely stop. That’s my take on it anyway.

It’s annoying, as I was happily living without it before, but they’ve now dangled it in front of my nose and I’m now wishing I had it and can now see the benefits of having it, especially on recent trips. Im at the point where if it drags on il end up buying the retrofit dongle :blink:.

I'll give it a try in 10 mins with the new v4 beta

Thanks buddy. I don’t have vc but I’ve went my debug to them and just waiting on them inviting me into the test flight for this car

Are any of you using IOS to access Carista? I cannot for the life of me get it to connect using Bluetooth.
Support have suggested I delete App and testflight (Trying to get back on beta, so need to send debug details)

Are any of you using IOS to access Carista? I cannot for the life of me get it to connect using Bluetooth.
Support have suggested I delete App and testflight (Trying to get back on beta, so need to send debug details)

Yes I’m using iOS and works fine

thanks for the quick reply. I was looking to use to turn off needle sweep on Q5, but car is now gone, but will be using on my M40i (in beta) once I can get it working

thanks for the quick reply. I was looking to use to turn off needle sweep on Q5, but car is now gone, but will be using on my M40i (in beta) once I can get it working

I would try deleting the app and re installing. Might solve it

Reactions: NevMan
@X3man - Been using Carista since 2015 on iOS Nev without any probs
Used it on 3 cars now - My old S4, my Cupra & the new to us Avant

For got to mention I have the 'full fat' version of the Carista app & not the beta
I was fortunate enough to get it when it was a one off fee of £15.99

Any of you B9 peoples done the - 'Require seat belt when releasing parking brake - No' setting
My Cupra, which has the EPB & HHA as standard, comes from the factory like this. So used Carista to set the setting from Yes to No on the new to us B8 Avant

For got to mention I have the 'full fat' version of the Carista app & not the beta
I was fortunate enough to get it when it was a one off fee of £15.99

Any of you B9 peoples done the - 'Require seat belt when releasing parking brake - No' setting
My Cupra, which has the EPB & HHA as standard, comes from the factory like this. So used Carista to set the setting from Yes to No on the new to us B8 Avant

What’s the difference between beta and full ??

Full is the one you can download and pay for on the app store. The beta is a pre-release version for people (and the developers) to test new versions of the app before publishing on the app store for the general public to download.

@Toonsoldier91 - Main thing is with full is it was a one off payment for unlimited use
So I never have to pay again

Personally I don't like messing around with beta stuff, so I didn't mind paying

'Tis a fab bit of kit

OBDeleven is supposed to be a great bit of kit, but if you don't know what you are doing you can cause all sorts of probs

@Toonsoldier91 - Main thing is with full is it was a one off payment for unlimited use
So I never have to pay again

Personally I don't like messing around with beta stuff, so I didn't mind paying

'Tis a fab bit of kit

OBDeleven is supposed to be a great bit of kit, but if you don't know what you are doing you can cause all sorts of probs

I also paid the £15.99 one off, but as I had a FY Q5, also needed testpilot and the beta to get any form of customisations. Ironically taken them a year to get some more support for the FY Q5, and now it is sold. I start again with the G01 X3

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I’ve spoken with carista today about the tsr and they say it’s because my instrument cluster isn’t compatable with tsr, I believe there is a few variants ie mine is basic then you have the coloured basic one. So I’m guessing it’ll work on the coloured screen.

Is there any other options to get this working yet ?? I remember seeming a dongle that can flash the camera and enable tsr for 160 quid ?? Seems steep for what it is

I enabled hba and seems to work. Now comes up auto but won’t know if it works untill its dark

Now I have 3 abs fault codes that won’t clear but I assume there related to the change I’ve done. So will take it off and see if they clear. If not will get Audi to plug there tool in and see if anything comes up

Attachments

• B76186D2-2524-4268-8AEB-D30381496346.png
    B76186D2-2524-4268-8AEB-D30381496346.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
The abs faults are from tpms. I’ve has no warning on the screen so will re store the values.

I’ve spoken with carista today about the tsr and they say it’s because my instrument cluster isn’t compatable with tsr, I believe there is a few variants ie mine is basic then you have the coloured basic one. So I’m guessing it’ll work on the coloured screen.

Is there any other options to get this working yet ?? I remember seeming a dongle that can flash the camera and enable tsr for 160 quid ?? Seems steep for what it is

I enabled hba and seems to work. Now comes up auto but won’t know if it works untill its dark

Now I have 3 abs fault codes that won’t clear but I assume there related to the change I’ve done. So will take it off and see if they clear. If not will get Audi to plug there tool in and see if anything comes up

That's bull because I have VC.. But yes kufatec I believe it is are the ones who do the dongle

That's bull because I have VC.. But yes kufatec I believe it is are the ones who do the dongle

Yea I have the basic display ( non vc )

I’m busy trying to find my pr codes to see if mine is compatable as on the kufatec site it states the following

• only for vehicles with PR-No.: QK1 + 9S7, 9S8
  • for vehicles with PR-No.: 9S5 no display possible in the FIS
Don’t wanna waste that kind of money if it isn’t going to work

The 2 basic displays I’m talking about pics attached

As you can see the bottom one has colour in it where as the above is all white. So I believe the really basic display like mine won’t ever work with it. Although I’ve been wrong many times before

Hope @craigomills doesnt mine me using one of his photos
9C0B6DE1 03F5 4F63 A1C1 380939941CF7
E8DDD75D CDC0 4A6E 8CCB D7EEB9DAB83E

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and Kondax

I’m busy trying to find my pr codes to see if mine is compatable as on the kufatec site it states the following

As you can see the bottom one has colour in it where as the above is all white. So I believe the really basic display like mine won’t ever work with it. Although I’ve been wrong many times before

View attachment 183587 View attachment 183588
I'm driving down to London tomorrow so I'm going to see if I can activate it through VCDS, that way I'll know if it's a carista issue or parameterisation issue

I'm driving down to London tomorrow so I'm going to see if I can activate it through VCDS, that way I'll know if it's a carista issue or parameterisation issue

Thanks. Be sure to let us know your outcome

Thanks. Be sure to let us know your outcome
Unfortunately it seems my assumptions were correct. It is a parameterisation issue. VCDS had made all the correct changes to the car, which leads me to believe the only remaining issue is that the camera has not been parameterised. You cannot do this with VCDS so I can't go any further unfortunately. I believe the kufatec dongle does it however. I highly doubt Carista will implement this as it requires flashing the camera with new firmware which you can only do with VCP afaik.

Also it does require VC / colour DIS, so it won't work on your car unfortunately even with the dongle

If anyone can direct me to VCP's official site (or a known, legitimate dealer) I'll see if I can get my hands on one and try the flashing

Unfortunately it seems my assumptions were correct. It is a parameterisation issue. VCDS had made all the correct changes to the car, which leads me to believe the only remaining issue is that the camera has not been parameterised. You cannot do this with VCDS so I can't go any further unfortunately. I believe the kufatec dongle does it however. I highly doubt Carista will implement this as it requires flashing the camera with new firmware which you can only do with VCP afaik.

Also it does require VC / colour DIS, so it won't work on your car unfortunately even with the dongle

Dam and blast. That’s what I thought about the colour dis. Now then I wonder if the colour dis would be a hard retrofit. Time to email @DJAlix

Reactions: Kondax
Dam and blast. That’s what I thought about the colour dis. Now then I wonder if the colour dis would be a hard retrofit. Time to email @DJAlix
If I had planned London in advanced I would have seen if he'd be able to parameterise the camera for me, but I don't think he'd appreciate me just springing up on him tomorrow :sweatsmile:

Just noticed my app update that the Carista has just updated 2 days to v3.9

Among other things there customizations & service tools for the A4/A5 B9, A6/A7 C8, Q5 (@X3man) & Q7

Whats new folks ?

If I had planned London in advanced I would have seen if he'd be able to parameterise the camera for me, but I don't think he'd appreciate me just springing up on him tomorrow :sweatsmile:

Give him a text or a ring and see if he can squeeze you in. Never know he always seems willing to help forum members

View attachment 183587 View attachment 183588

I think you are right on the colour cos white. When I had some coding done by @DJAlix, he got the maps on that central display and was surprised.

1020ae8be47c1c565d6cbd37b538e874.jpg

But tried TSR, and said the camera needed software update or something to work

Reactions: Toonsoldier91
I think you are right on the colour cos white. When I had some coding done by @DJAlix, he got the maps on that central display and was surprised.

1020ae8be47c1c565d6cbd37b538e874.jpg

But tried TSR, and said the camera needed software update or something to work

I’ve emailed him see if the coloured screen can be retrofitted. Would be nice to have maps there so it’s a even bigger bonus

Managed to test high beam assist tonight. Works no bother and doesn’t turn off from light reflecting off signs.

I’ve just had a reply from Carista regarding TSR. They are looking at adding a 6th step to the coding that they hope will resolve the issue. It may be added to the next Beta release.

I’ve just had a reply from Carista regarding TSR. They are looking at adding a 6th step to the coding that they hope will resolve the issue. It may be added to the next Beta release.
Will be interesting to see how they achieve that. I can only imagine parameterisation being the issue and I'd be surprised if they have the functionality in place to do that. I don't think I'd risk flashing my camera's firmware with Carista

New update has just been published, doesn't seem like there's any changes for the A4

New update has just been published, doesn't seem like there's any changes for the A4

Only the “step 6” on TSR which didn’t fix the issue...

Il try a few more updates then il buy the dongle to activate it.

Reactions: Kondax