Carista App

I think I read somewhere that the oil temp don't show up until the oil reaches a certain temperature,could that be why

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Will try it next time I've got the car up-to temp

Wonder why that is. There must be a temp sensor in the system to monitor oil temp then feed data to the ecu so why can't we see it.
What year is your car?

No, it'll stillshow the oil can symbol without a temp next to it until it hits around 65 or something
Drove mine today for the first time since oil temp enabled. It showed three dashes for about seven miles, flashed up 60 degrees, then climbed gradually up to around 90. Thereafter, it would go up almost to 100, then back down to high 80s, back up again. For the rest of the journey, it fluctuated back and forth between 88 and 98, with no direct correlation (at least that I could detect) to driving conditions. So does that mean the car has a thermostatically-operated oil cooler?

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd add another confirmation that the bluetooth OBDII module linked on the first couple of pages does indeed work on Android and gives me full functionality from the Carista app.

Delighted that I stumbled across this thread. I've just spent the last 10 minutes turning the ignition on and off to watch the needle sweep :)

= 2010 Q2 A4 Avant 2.0l TDI S Line.

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd add another confirmation that the bluetooth OBDII module linked on the first couple of pages does indeed work on Android and gives me full functionality from the Carista app.

Delighted that I stumbled across this thread. I've just spent the last 10 minutes turning the ignition on and off to watch the needle sweep :)

= 2010 Q2 A4 Avant 2.0l TDI S Line.

I love locking my car when people are around lol. "When you hear the beep" reminds me of supermarket sweep lol

Reactions: matt_cunningham1985
:smile new:Its better when you unlock and hear beep beep

Reactions: Dado
I enabled it on mine the other day (perhaps its in the latest beta):shrug:

Just tried it. And it worked. Awesome
:friends:
Made my Sunday :blackrs4:

Reactions: jdp1962 and Dado
Can someone please let me know how i get the pro package for IOS as via itunes i dont let me do anything

Can someone please let me know how i get the pro package for IOS as via itunes i dont let me do anything
You don't buy it from iTunes as a separate app. It's an "in-app" upgrade accessible from the free version. So, connect up, login, and look for the upgrade button, then follow instructions.

If you pressing a lock twice you're actually disabling all motion sensors in the car. Car is only locked and less secured.

I always thought u had to press the little button on the inside of the drivers door to disable the motion detection?
That's what I do anyway when I leave the dogs in the boot

I always thought u had to press the little button on the inside of the drivers door to disable the motion detection?
That's what I do anyway when I leave the dogs in the boot
Yeah. You're right. You can do the button or double press on your key fob.

H
Got my Bluetooth device 5 mins later, dial sweep activated, blip on alarm lock and faults scanned and cleared. Had to pay for the full features but think it's worth it!
how much does the full version cost if you dont mind me asking?

I know there are a few OBD modules listed at start of thread, but what's the best or most used on with IOS please?
Don't want to waste money and get the wrong one.
Don't want to spend a fortune with, the link a few post us to the ODBII is £192!

Finally took the plunge and got me one of these WiFi ELM327 Car OBD2 OBDII Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader For iPhone thingies from fleabay
Worth it if only to enable needle sweep on start and see what else I can fiddle about with :grin:

You will find lots of things to 'fiddle' with

Reactions: linners
My OBDII port arrived yesterday, plugged it in, paired with iphone, paid £14.99 to upgrade Carista App and enabled beep on lock, needle sweep, lap timer & oil temp and emergency brake flashing. Also enabled hidden menu but not played with that yet.
If anyone has a list of things you can enable via the green menu please let me know.

My OBDII port arrived yesterday, plugged it in, paired with iphone, paid £14.99 to upgrade Carista App and enabled beep on lock, needle sweep, lap timer & oil temp and emergency brake flashing. Also enabled hidden menu but not played with that yet.
If anyone has a list of things you can enable via the green menu please let me know.
Be very careful what you do with the green menu. I won't touch mine for fear of bricking the entire car.

Reactions: AshA4
My OBD2 scanner arrived today - beep on arm and needle sweep enabled :rockwoot: All other settings were good as they were. However, "gauge scales lit when headlights are off" is still not working.... Any ideas???