Carista App

I can confirming that with the beta version I am able to enable the lap timer which in turn will display the oil temp.

Anyone help with this, I can see in carista the option to enable aux heater and ventilation in the mmi however nothing comes up in the Car Menu and the AC menu. Does that mean my 2014 2.0 tdi doesn't have these fitted? Thanks in advance
Think there's two elements to enable it in the beta version, activate it in mmi and activate it
It worked for me fine....it shows up in AC menu in mmi

Cheers, Locoblade.

Think there's two elements to enable it in the beta version, activate it in mmi and activate it
It worked for me fine....it shows up in AC menu in mmi
Thanks Razza. I will check. Any ideas if i can actually confirm if i have the aux and ventilation heater on my car or by enabling these options in carista they are serving just a visual purpose and nothing more lol....

Btw I'm in Birmingham and happy to help you guys turn some simple settings on. I have 2014 B8.5 TDi so can tell you stuff that's certainly worked for me. Also as a side note and i know this is only an audi forum, Carista letd you change settings on other makes of car and for a product which costs £15 its not bad eh especially considering how much a genuine ross tech cable costs.

Ok, so I have enabled real lights with the drls, needle sweep and enabled the green menu. What can I do with the green menu with out vcds?

Reactions: Dado
Ok, so I have enabled real lights with the drls, needle sweep and enabled the green menu. What can I do with the green menu with out vcds?

Do the rear LED's turn on when its set on Auto, or do they also run when you manually switch off the auto

Been having a play with the beta version the evening. I have a couple of questions.
What is all of the above?

I have been through the menu and selected the battery level and interior light but neither are working (can't find the battery meter and the interior light option comes up as not available)
What are the sliding bar menus for?

Ok. So now I just need to find a what value I need to put in lol.

Just got my carista plug and downloaded the app today paying for the upgrade, and im a little dissapointed with what i can actually do on the app to my 2015 S4 tbh, with very little actually working....??? Only had a quick play so not investigated too much but followed any instructions which were presented to me so dont see why i should have a problem...

Heres some screenshots from the app...

The only option changed on this screen was the seat belt chime which has worked fine. All others already set to "yes"

Now i dont have memory seats on my S4 but the app let me select "yes" to both these options, but not suprisingly the mirror does not adjust..... Can this be enabled through VAG?

Option 2 on this menu will not let me set it and came up with a warning saying it needs to be activated elsewhere.

The only other changes here was activating the front fogs and rear lights as drls but not checked these yet.

Going to have another play tomorrow but would be interested to hear any more tips or if im doing anything wrong.

Cheers

Just got my carista plug and downloaded the app today paying for the upgrade, and im a little dissapointed with what i can actually do on the app to my 2015 S4 tbh, with very little actually working....??? Only had a quick play so not investigated too much but followed any instructions which were presented to me so dont see why i should have a problem...

Heres some screenshots from the app...

View attachment 68221
The only option changed on this screen was the seat belt chime which has worked fine. All others already set to "yes"
View attachment 68222
Now i dont have memory seats on my S4 but the app let me select "yes" to both these options, but not suprisingly the mirror does not adjust..... Can this be enabled through VAG?
View attachment 68223
Option 2 on this menu will not let me set it and came up with a warning saying it needs to be activated elsewhere.

The only other changes here was activating the front fogs and rear lights as drls but not checked these yet.

Going to have another play tomorrow but would be interested to hear any more tips or if im doing anything wrong.

Cheers
Hi,

The two options for the mirror dipping does work i believe (not very well as mirror can forget its original position sometimes) with cars that do not have memory seats. Once the option is enabled as you have done, select the mirror toggle (on your driver side door) to the passenger wing mirror and then pop it into reverse see if that works. You can adjust it when cars in reverse to get the best view of the kerb.

Try that....

Confirmed the mirrors do work on my model without memory seats, appears they just needed setting up.

Fog light drls are also active now too.

I now have the mirrors working. Just want to get the background lighting working. Currently in the mmi but greyed out. The option to allow this in the Carisa app won't take.

Good luck with the mirrors guys but as already mentioned, sometimes they dont seem to go back to their original position if you dont havt memory seats. Not too sure why they do this but maybe someone else can help.

I agree my mirrors seem to work spot on.
I think I need to do a lot more reading to get some of the options to work.

I must say, mirror position is faultless with memory seats. The service menu activation is what I primarily wanted this app for.
I have dipping passenger mirror on my car but i don't have memory seats, i do however have advanced keys, you guys think that's the reason I've got the dipping mirror? Anyone else got the same?

I thnk a lot of people are getting confused. There are 3 levels to all of this.

-1. Carista base app is just for viewign config and settings, no changes possible.
1. Carista Pro app allows some built in changes, beep on alarm, windows closing etc., the primary reason I purchased a £14 dongle and the Pro app version is to enable the green MMI menu (service menu).
2. Service menu - this allows you to enable all of those nice things, lap timer (incs oil temp), needle sweep, CD rip, rear lights on with DRL's etc etc.
3. VAG.com, this is required for those more in depth changes like activating the option to adjust internal lighting via the MMI etc. and many many more that are not in the Service menu. If its not in the Carista app or the Service menu then Vag.com is required.

Hope this helps and clears things up.

There is no need for the branded dongle, IOS and Android versions of the app do the same thing, to apply the changes you will need the pro version otherwise you con only view the config.

This is one of the best locatiosn for info regardign these features:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/modifications-list.212280/
THere are multiple threads and links here to guid you.

Cheers all
Great post @GeoffDunk :thumbs up:

Ok, after further use of the dipping passenger mirror im finding that it will not return to the original position and i have to adjust it.

I dont have memory seats so in guessingvthis has something to do with the reliability as said above.

Not had time to research any further as yet to find a fix but if anyone knows of a fix please post on here to help.

Cheers

Apologies it's not a specific Carista question but has anyone monitored/logged the standard S4 boost pressure with the torque pro app.
I would be interested in the figures for example a 3rd gear pull from 2,500rpm to redline.

Ok, after further use of the dipping passenger mirror im finding that it will not return to the original position and i have to adjust it.

I dont have memory seats so in guessingvthis has something to do with the reliability as said above.

Not had time to research any further as yet to find a fix but if anyone knows of a fix please post on here to help.

Cheers
From what I have read and experienced there is no fix for this, you need the memory seats for it to be 100% reliable.

Without memory seats the mirror goes to a pre-set position which should roughly be the same on every vehicle, with the memory seat function you can customise that position; my wife and I are very different heights and the mirror is set to view the bottom of the near side wheel, right where the curb would be, the memory function remembers this location for each of us along with the return location. Couple all of this to "advance key" and the key remembers loads of stuff, not as much as the wife X5 though lol.

From what I have read and experienced there is no fix for this, you need the memory seats for it to be 100% reliable.

Without memory seats the mirror goes to a pre-set position which should roughly be the same on every vehicle, with the memory seat function you can customise that position; my wife and I are very different heights and the mirror is set to view the bottom of the near side wheel, right where the curb would be, the memory function remembers this location for each of us along with the return location. Couple all of this to "advance key" and the key remembers loads of stuff, not as much as the wife X5 though lol.
As I've mentioned before, i have the advanced key and my mirror dips and has always returned to its original position but i don't have memory seats. I have read the seat memory is tied to to the individual keys. Never tried as my second key has been put away. Not sure how its working ok for me then...

Has anyone managed to get the interior lights option working?

Does anyone know if I can and how to activate the hidden green menu for a 2008 b8 a4?
I have done the usual mods ie alarm chirp and needle sweep etc just would like the battery level and oil temp also.
I have lap timer but oil temp doesn't show up as part of that.

Does anyone know if I can and how to activate the hidden green menu for a 2008 b8 a4?
I have done the usual mods ie alarm chirp and needle sweep etc just would like the battery level and oil temp also.
I have lap timer but oil temp doesn't show up as part of that.
Carista app for android has an option to activate green menu. Oil temp is only available on models 2010 and onwards.

Update!!!

Carista replied to say that enabling lap timer/oil temp display is now included in the pro-version of Carista for iOS. So I hooked it up, and sure enough, it is. :)

Here's the proof:

Oil%20Temp_zpstxtletib.jpg

Your lucky. My 2008 doesn't display oil temp, although lap timer works. All I get above it is the radio station lol