Carista App

Google carista beta and site will explain what you need to do.
Only android, now it's been released for iPhone I can't get it...asked carista directly and they said to subscribe...

Really annoying to be honest as the fog lights and the oil temp were the things I wanted as have most others as std...so £30 for not much :(

bought the tool mentioned above, so expect this thread to be bumped a lot Inthe next coming days :p

Is there a function to use the fogs as DRLS out of curiosity...

Only android, now it's been released for iPhone I can't get it...asked carista directly and they said to subscribe...

Really annoying to be honest as the fog lights and the oil temp were the things I wanted as have most others as std...so £30 for not much :(

£15.90 on Android!

Razza where are you based as I have the full version of Carista and would gladly help you out?

I am in Manchester .

i want to order the tool and have a iphone 6 and a android tablet. which one is better to use and is the app the same for iphone and android?

Well finally got the bluetooth/android version working in my B8.5 by buying the Amazon one linked above.
But carista only gave me DRL lighting and dash sweep/lighting options so pretty dissapointed for the £15.00 outlay for the dongle and £15.90 for carista pro.
Will have to fire up vagcom on the laptop to sort out the brake assist etc.....

bought the tool mentioned above, so expect this thread to be bumped a lot Inthe next coming days :p

Is there a function to use the fogs as DRLS out of curiosity...

yes I have used it to enable fogs as drl and fogs as cornering lights for the dark country lanes in winter

I've already got the wifi dongle, and the free iOS version on my iPad. Just waiting to get the car, so that I can experiment with it.

Reactions: razza1
Might not be the right place to post this but wanted to thank Todor at Carista for the above and beyond customer service provided.
For context I bought a wifi dongle and the premium carista app and made a few tweaks to my S1, unfortunately the last change I made (an additional tear drop wipe) stopped the auto lights and windscreen wipers from working - I should have paid more attention the the glaring warning on @josedebardi VCDS how to sticky.
Anyway without VCDS I got in touch with carista support, forwarded a full scan courtesy of @josedebardi and within a day a beta testing version of the app was created for me to download that rectified the erroneous byte. Needless to say I was relieved.
Just wanted to celebrate some great service and say I wish that every developer or, even better, every customer service I contacted were as knowledgeable and helpful.

Reactions: razza1
Have to agree with the above post,i had a problem with enabling the dvd eject button on my 2008 1.8tfsi,emailed customer support and they were very helpful and glad to help,so a big thumbs up for Todor and co

Does anyone know if the latest release has the function to release the rear brakes so I can replace the pads? My car is at home and I can't check at the moment.

Billy bonus! Will get those pads ordered!

Tried brake release tool (beta version, so free at the moment after I spoke to the developers). Initially it did not work until it was pointed out that I needed to release the brake inside the car! Then I used the pad option for service and it worked. Have not recycled it back yet as pads are on order and I have taken the opportunity to paint rear calipers etc. So great job Carista you are saving me a packet in servicing!

Rear brake pads done! Less than an hour including painting rear calipers. Much easier to replace than anticipated. Carista app def worth the purchase and as I am using Beta version caliper service option free!

Just need to build up the courage and attack the front, new discs and pads been in the garage for a month!

I'm trying to upgrade to the pro-package, following the instructions I get to the screen where I should be able to buy it for £14.99, and there's no "buy" button. Here's a pic. Any idea what I need to do?

P1000620_zpskopte0kf.jpg

Not sure as I have mine on Android. Did you try clicking on the blue 'Pro Package' title? If not email them. From my experience the development team are pretty good at getting back to you.

Not sure as I have mine on Android. Did you try clicking on the blue 'Pro Package' title? If not email them. From my experience the development team are pretty good at getting back to you.
They were stumped too. They're working on it. I'll update when I hear from them.

Rear brake pads done! Less than an hour including painting rear calipers. Much easier to replace than anticipated. Carista app def worth the purchase and as I am using Beta version caliper service option free!

Just need to build up the courage and attack the front, new discs and pads been in the garage for a month!

I have just done front discs and pads and its really easy, hardest part was getting the 21mm bolts loose which hold the caliper bracket in place.
also the torque bolts which hold the disc on can be a pain but mine were not.
will need a long torque wrench or braker bar though for the 21mm bolts

Did you guys work out what the best OBDII dongle to get was? I've seen a few posted in here. And for bonus points, does anyone know, could you reset the airbag warning light on a MK5 Golf? :) Thanks.

I have just done front discs and pads and its really easy, hardest part was getting the 21mm bolts loose which hold the caliper bracket in place.
also the torque bolts which hold the disc on can be a pain but mine were not.
will need a long torque wrench or braker bar though for the 21mm bolts

Day off today, so changed front discs and pads including painting calipers etc. Hardest part was removing the disc from the hub, needed plenty of releasing oil and a crowbar!!

Well chuffed though and saved so much cash!

Did you guys work out what the best OBDII dongle to get was? I've seen a few posted in here. And for bonus points, does anyone know, could you reset the airbag warning light on a MK5 Golf? :) Thanks.[/QUOTE

This one

Amazon product

Not sure about the reset on the airbag though.

Reactions: scotty76
I've already got the wifi dongle, and the free iOS version on my iPad. Just waiting to get the car, so that I can experiment with it.

The free version just allows you to read the config and limited errors. £14.99 gets you the full version (pro) which is aquired the 1st time you try an change anyhting. I did mine yesterday for the 1st time and managed to enalbe the hidden menu and fiddle with a couple of other items.

this is great thread for 8.5 owners http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...en-Menu-Mods-Updated-For-Facelift-2013-B8-5-s

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/modifications-list.212280/

Is it possible to enable oil temperature display in DIS using Carista? I couldn't find that amongst the menu options.

This may have been previously discussed. I have 2013 Audi A4 b8.5. Using iPhone 5s and latest ios8.4 software, what obd adapter will I require to run with carista app. Also what customised tweeks will I be able to do. Thanks

This is the one I have, and it works perfectly with an iPad and iPhone.

For a guide on what you can do, click here.

Last edited:
2nd that, the the main thing I wanted for was to enable the hidden menu so you can tweak more stuff.

I purchased this one and it works really well Amazon product

I tried enabling the hidden menu, but it didn't take. I haven't had an opportunity to try again yet. As @NHN is visiting tomorrow, I may well ask him to do it with VCDS.