Carista App

I'd guess that Carista, if it listed that as an option, would enable that option AND add its selection to the MMI menu. Which, if I am correct means, you need to get into the MMI menu and go looking for that option and select it.

Well I've just paid amazon £9.99 to get a wireless elm obd2 scanner to me by today, so hopefully by tonight i will will have some updates :fearscream: I hope i bought the right one, I panic and clicked buy :tearsofjoy:

Only interested enabling 'needle sweep' and 'Beep when the alarm is activated'

I have 2014 B8.5 model.

See the carista OBD2 scanner is £34.99 and I will have to pay £9.99 one off fee for a week pro access .

Is they a cheaper way?

In the email I got from them alerting me to imminent release of V3, there was some chat about other suitable dongles, so there will be a cheaper way than buying the Carista dongle that I bought.

Edit:- by the way, I have a 2011 S4 and that gets needle sweep as standard, but, unless you just poke the key in without doing anything else, ie the car will not start, you will not see needle sweep. For example, I have a 6MT, so I need to press the clutch pedal fully down as part of the start sequence, if I do that and poke the key in, the engine will start without and signs of needle sweep. It is "ignition on only" that lets you see needle sweep.

Just bought a second hand ELM327 ODB wifi adpater off Ebay for £3.00 so will try it.

If it works I will then get the pro version Carista access for a week.

Fingers crossed should have the couple of bits I want enabling for £13 all in.

I recently bought an ODB2 reader from Ebay but Carista doesn't seem to want to do anything with it, although the Torque app works fine with it :(

When using Torque app can you enable 'needle sweep' and 'Beep when the alarm is activated'?

I recently bought an ODB2 reader from Ebay but Carista doesn't seem to want to do anything with it, although the Torque app works fine with it :(

Have you tried it with Carista V2 ? Carista V3 is being released and I think it includes better coverage for third party dongles - so maybe things will get better for you soon?

Updated my carista to the latest update really dissapointed to be honest nothing new whatsoever ad mods for the A6 C6

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, but there are more car marques/models than A4 and A6, I'd imagine most of the customisation options have been done for these cars, now the changes will be for newer models, 3rd party dongles and other new options.

Got my years subscription now and the wireless dongle. Had a little play around with it. The car threw up two fault codes one was because I have updated the bag software and another as I had just changed the led indicator in the wing mirror so reset those ones. Enabled a few nice touches such as needle sweep, Rear LEDs on with DRLs, hidden green menu, beep on lock and a few others. Also another thing that was awesome is now I have enabled the hidden green menu, I changed it so that I can Rip audio CDs to the juke box. This is awesome and I don't know why they locked it as standard. Can also enable Bluetooth for phone as well. Am near Epsom if anyone needs anything doing in exchange for a token of appreciation :)

Reactions: B Man
Hi Muzza,
Would like to come by sometime to try it out on my 08 A4 B8, I'm in woking and work in Fulham.
Carista says that it's not supported which is odd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Muzza,
Would like to come by sometime to try it out on my 08 A4 B8, I'm in woking and work in Fulham.
Carista says that it's not supported which is odd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi mate, I thought I read somewhere that Audi switched Canbus/OBD versions/architecture in 2009, perhaps that is why is not working. Happy to give it a crack though mate?

Paul, where did you get bluetooth device from and how much? Think I may look at getting one, although I have iphone so will have to wait on downlodaing the app for now.

Hi. Did you get a dongle that works with you iPhone? All the ones I can find just state android. Cheers

Just bought a second hand ELM327 ODB wifi adapter off Ebay for £3.00 so will try it.

Just tried the ELM327 ODB wifi adapter today with Version 3.0 Carista App. It connected okay and works checking for faults. So I guess it should work okay when I access the pro version to make the changes.

Hi. Did you get a dongle that works with you iPhone? All the ones I can find just state android. Cheers

Try the ELM327 ODB wifi adapter, works okay with my iPhone over WiFi.

Hi,
Bought this one yesterday and it arrived today

Then download v3 of the Carista app.
When reading about alternatives and the annual vs weekly cost I stumbled across a post that said go to the 'debug' menu in the app and you curiously get and option to buy the old 'forever pro' licence for £15. So I did that and 5 min later I've got dial sweep and a few other things sorted in less than 24 hrs and under £30.

I can use it all again when my new one arrives next month.
I'll also have a play on the wife's golf as well as all my neighbour's cars in the street. :)

Awesome.

Reactions: CHEZ
Great spend all-in for £11 - set all the standard stuff.

Love the 'wink' when indicating - Reset the annoying service interval reminders - Only 5 full days left of Carista Pro -

Enabled the 'hidden green menu' ready. Not been in it yet or loaded it up. Thought I just enable it while I had the access.

Is they anything else I'm missing before the license expires??

And what cool stuff is they to set in the green menu?.

Main things in green menu are the Bluetooth options and changig the AMI aux input. Can also add the battery Meter and if you have the lighting pack like I do you can add the Ambience lighting option to the car setup page to change brightness of the foot well LEDs while driving.

You can also change the splash screen to show RS if you are that way inclined. Trying to think of other things off the top of my head I had a good play around with them the other night

I want to change the Radio/Media display colours from the dated orange to say red.

Does the 'hidden green menu' let you do this?

You can also change the splash screen to show RS if you are that way inclined. Trying to think of other things off the top of my head I had a good play around with them the other night
Strange I can select any of the splash options on my 2011 S4 by default, but my ICE is poverty spec which suits me!

Edit:- good to hear that these cheaper dongles work okay, I might buy one to leave in the glovebox of wife's Polo. I think that the main benefit that the Carisa dongle gives an iPhone user is it is a Bluetooth one with later version of Bluetooth so you can keep the wifi for talking to a printer etc, not essential but handy!

Last edited:
I didn't see the dvd lock but as I don't have it I don't know if the scan would pick it up etc.

MODS: If the like breaks rules etc please remove.

I just searched and read the reviews, not selling them myself honest. :)

Amazon product

I bought one of these, turned up today and couldn't wait to do some changes, plugged it all in and won't connect to my I phone

My iPhone has auto updated to Carista version 3.1 on the 28th September

The update relevant to the B8 A4/S4/RS4 is the 'launch control count' that has now been added

Hi,
Bought this one yesterday and it arrived today
View attachment 103018

Then download v3 of the Carista app.
When reading about alternatives and the annual vs weekly cost I stumbled across a post that said go to the 'debug' menu in the app and you curiously get and option to buy the old 'forever pro' licence for £15. So I did that and 5 min later I've got dial sweep and a few other things sorted in less than 24 hrs and under £30.

I can use it all again when my new one arrives next month.
I'll also have a play on the wife's golf as well as all my neighbour's cars in the street. :)

Awesome.

Want to try this, where is the debug menu in the app? I can't see it

Is it possible to have the optical parking system for rear only Audi parking sensors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible to have the optical parking system for rear only Audi parking sensors?

If you mean the graphic representation on the screen, then yes. ( subject to which media equipment is in yours ) Certainly worked via vcds tweak on mine ( 2nd gen MMI ) I'll find the link later

Or do you mean rear parking camera ?

Useful article on video input here

My Audi is from 01/2009. It only had rear parking sensors with a Audi Module. I do have Audi Concert with colours screen, but can't find out if it can be called MMI. I don't have any plug for phones just cd/sd card/aux in.

I also found out how to do it with VCDS but I don't have it! Wondering if it could be done with Carista.

Reactions: Liber_A4_te
Just tested Carista and paid for a week but quite disappointed!

It does work, but not many options available! Most of them were already on on my car.

Just enabled:
1.Tone when locking the car
2. Needle swipe
3. No ding of DRL when turn lights on

Other that this nothing interesting!

I thought I could enable the Hidden screen, but couldn't see any option!

Also report of the errors does not show the time when they happened.

Free version, does not give you any codes, just a small description.

My home / leaving lights stopped working, didn't change anything related and on my MMI it is still enable!

Most wanted feature: optical parking sensors on MMI screen for cars with rear parking sensors only.

I believe I will have to go for VCDS

I'd be interested too.
I've a 2012 B8, as well as the visual parking sensors, i'd like to set the fog lights to come on with high beam, i've heard this can be done too.

I'd be interested too.
I've a 2012 B8, as well as the visual parking sensors, i'd like to set the fog lights to come on with high beam, i've heard this can be done too.
I didn't remember if that was available. I had to go abroad, so, don't have my car to checj it. You can set the fog lights to come on on turning (just steering) but I thought it would actualy be a bit anoying.