Carista App Now Avaliable For the 8V A3/S3 - PFL & FL Covered

Tried it, felt ok plodding about but didn’t trust it.. the cost of a new gearbox scared me so put it back to normal 30 mins later :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah thats my issue really! Ill leave as is just now

I went back into beta with Carista. I tried every way under the sun and still couldn’t get the exhaust flap coding to work on my facelift. I even disconnected the flaps and tried to code them out. Carista need to get their hands on an example car physically to diagnose what is going wrong. Given that hasn’t happened in the past 2 and a half years.. I give up.

So i have bought a second hand obdeleven which should be with me this weekend. Will see if I can work our how to change it with that, and if I can monitor the state of the long coding before and after Carista

ObdEleven pro coded the flaps out with ease. Just used the long coding feature.

Will keep hold of the Carista for simple on click app changes.. I have lifetime license so it’s free. But the power in the OBDEleven is amazing

ObdEleven pro coded the flaps out with ease. Just used the long coding feature.

Will keep hold of the Carista for simple on click app changes.. I have lifetime license so it’s free. But the power in the OBDEleven is amazing

So this carista thing is for nothing really I will buy it and still will have to spend money on it?

Carista is brilliant, simple to use. I bought mine years ago before they stated the subscription model. I think it was £8.88 for the software with infinite changes. I will still be using mine for the wide array of stuff it does with ease.

But OBDeleven Pro is much more powerful and more complex to use and can do some changes Carista cannot

Just had a fiddle with carista today on a 69 reg RS3 while I was hiding form the other half and the weekend chores.

Seems there is no stop-start disable possible on the newer cars, which was disappointing, but expected from what I'd read already. I'd be interested to know if OBDeleven will actually do it - they both advertise the ability.

The only things I can see (advertised) that OBDeleven does over what I did today with carista is that it can possibly enable video in motion, change how the DRLs stay on or off or dim with the turn signals and the door dinger. Everything else was possible on Carista (and for much much cheaper). OBDeleven obviously does long coding. but there doesn't seem too be a tonne of support yet.

What I did today:

Pulsing starter button
Deactivated DRL's when switched off to "0", and added the ability to turn them on or off in the MMI
Beep when locked by remote, and again added the on/off in the MMI
Changed sunroof opening from tilt to slide with the key fob
Seat belt warning off
Added an extra blink to the turn signal
Turned off the headlight washer

I'm curious about the throttle response changed to linear rather than by time, but not played with it yet, and also the Haldex RWD biasing, but thing I'll speak to a tuner before I enable them.

In all, a fun way to waste an hour, and a few customisations make the car your own a bit more than what Audi provided. For 12.99 on eBay it was money well spent :)

After the whole emission scandal I don’t think they will make it easy to disable stop start. Think there’s a few ways to disable stop start like voltage changes and other stuff. It’s one thing that’s never bothered me as I think it works well enough with an auto car. If you turn the stereo on loud enough and air con on as well it will rarely kick in as there’s too much current draw from the battery.

Can you clear faults with the Carista?

For example, do flap delete by unplugging, put a fault code removal plug on the end then use the Carista to clear and keep the fault off?

no, it can clear fault codes like any code scanner but if the problem remains the code will come back. It cannot disable fault codes or do adaptations or long coding. Just has some apps for various settings.

Many Thanks

I assume also if you do a 1 month subscription, the changes re,Ian once the month expires but you would require a further payment to remove/change again?

Hi, just wondering if people still use this, I’ve recently purchased an Audi and like the idea of something can use to read fault codes and doing small adaptations.
I know it’s a while since this thread was updated so has Carista been updated with most features for the 8v now?

Hi, just wondering if people still use this, I’ve recently purchased an Audi and like the idea of something can use to read fault codes and doing small adaptations.
I know it’s a while since this thread was updated so has Carista been updated with most features for the 8v now?
Just started using it recently myself. I found carista easiest to use for the one click adaptations but it doesn't do long coding so I also had to sign up for obd eleven to long code some retrofits

Mines a PFL, I'm sure I've read FL doesn't work? but not sure mate.... Good luck
Sorry for digging up. The past but I've just brought a carista dongle and the interface is great, but I have the opposite problem I have just brought my car and I want to close the exhaust flaps to normal setting, as others have said its a bit drone at about 2k which is where it sits most of the time in auto comfort or eco mode and when you gently accelerate with boost it gets louder.

I can't find the setting in there anywhere for this.

And to clear up other options.... The connector on the exhaust on both sides is connected. The exhaust all looks std, and it definitely blows out all 4 pipes all the time. I shoved a section of garden hose down each pile and nothing in way until it hits back box. Can't hear any flaps opening closing when pressing through different driving modes. I remember on my RS you could hear the flaps operating easily.

I will open another thread but for this one could you tell me we're the setting is for the flaps. Thanks...

Sorry for digging up. The past but I've just brought a carista dongle and the interface is great, but I have the opposite problem I have just brought my car and I want to close the exhaust flaps to normal setting, as others have said its a bit drone at about 2k which is where it sits most of the time in auto comfort or eco mode and when you gently accelerate with boost it gets louder.

I can't find the setting in there anywhere for this.

And to clear up other options.... The connector on the exhaust on both sides is connected. The exhaust all looks std, and it definitely blows out all 4 pipes all the time. I shoved a section of garden hose down each pile and nothing in way until it hits back box. Can't hear any flaps opening closing when pressing through different driving modes. I remember on my RS you could hear the flaps operating easily.

I will open another thread but for this one could you tell me we're the setting is for the flaps. Thanks...
You might not be able to do it with carista. I didn't pay after the initial trial period I ended up paying for obdeleven and you can definitely do it with that. Sorry

You might not be able to do it with carista. I didn't pay after the initial trial period I ended up paying for obdeleven and you can definitely do it with that. Sorry
Yeah, I saw a couple guys on this thread that said they had done it, but I can't see the option anywhere.

Yeah, I saw a couple guys on this thread that said they had done it, but I can't see the option anywhere.
I tried a quick Google but couldn't find anything. I know it's a pain in the arris and more expense but I would really recommend the obdeleven tool and just pay for the pro subscription.
The tool I bought was the £49.99 version which is white. I think the subscription was £50 ish for the year.
It's much more useful than carista.

I tried a quick Google but couldn't find anything. I know it's a pain in the arris and more expense but I would really recommend the obdeleven tool and just pay for the pro subscription.
The tool I bought was the £49.99 version which is white. I think the subscription was £50 ish for the year.
It's much more useful than carista.
Thanks sounds like it's a good option, so the pro part is the subscription, not the dongle part? I saw a pro package for about 120, looked like the dongle was different... Only had a blue marker around it, but said pro on it.

Thanks sounds like it's a good option, so the pro part is the subscription, not the dongle part? I saw a pro package for about 120, looked like the dongle was different... Only had a blue marker around it, but said pro on it.
Found this online.
I purchased "First Gen Device" then purchased a "Pro Plan Subscription" inside the app. You used to get free credits with any device purchased but that's not the case any more except with the Unlimited pack.
OBDeleven buying guide comparison table

Found this online.
I purchased "First Gen Device" then purchased a "Pro Plan Subscription" inside the app. You used to get free credits with any device purchased but that's not the case any more except with the Unlimited pack.
View attachment 265539
Yeah that's the pro pack I saw. Thanks.
So I would need to buy the plug part, then subscribe to a pro plan and also buy some credits.? If your first gen one works with the pro subscription not sure why you would need to buy the latter next gen or pro pack. Thanks

Yeah that's the pro pack I saw. Thanks.
So I would need to buy the plug part, then subscribe to a pro plan and also buy some credits.? If your first gen one works with the pro subscription not sure why you would need to buy the latter next gen or pro pack. Thanks
The main difference between first gen and the rest is the support for iPhone. I use Android so first gen was fine for me.
I haven't purchased any credits in obdeleven as everything can be done in long coding or adaptations you just have to do a bit of googling first.

The main difference between first gen and the rest is the support for iPhone. I use Android so first gen was fine for me.
I haven't purchased any credits in obdeleven as everything can be done in long coding or adaptations you just have to do a bit of googling first.
Awesome thanks for the help.

So just to update I emailed carista and they got back to me with a link for the beta version, and the exhaust flap open is in there, and also if its in the beta version you don't have to pay for that feature. I tried it but doesn't seem to make any difference.