Carista App Now Avaliable For the 8V A3/S3 - PFL & FL Covered

Memory seats = was needed for Audi A3 8P and Dipping mirror. Memory Seats are not even an option for the A3 8V.

Dipping mirror within some 2018 cars and all 2019 vehicles seems to need folding hardware to now work. I have not been able to activate it without so far and I use VCDS etc

Bums, I’ll shut up now then...;)

Memory seats = was needed for Audi A3 8P and Dipping mirror. Memory Seats are not even an option for the A3 8V.

Dipping mirror within some 2018 cars and all 2019 vehicles seems to need folding hardware to now work. I have not been able to activate it without so far and I use VCDS etc

That might explain it more as my A3 is a 68 plate but registered in February... might have to invest in folding mirrors then

That might explain it more as my A3 is a 68 plate but registered in February... might have to invest in folding mirrors then
I can supply and fit new parts with warranty if you can make it to London :)

I can supply and fit new parts with warranty if you can make it to London :)

Thanks, i may look into this in the future at some point as it will mean i dont have to lean across the car when putting it in the garage.

Reactions: DJAlix
Looks like second gen OBD Eleven got released today (finally)

And still no long coding for iOS. They say iOS Pro is in development. Thing is, will people trust them after the last debacle?

Looks like second gen OBD Eleven got released today (finally)
I really like ODBeleven now. The generic and poorly encoded apps give me a lot of business :)

Reactions: Syncros, AlS3BE, JimmyMcGee and 1 other person
Yes have had mine setup since day one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What are your thoughts on it?

It does seem more responsive but at the expense of economy. Maybe it steps down a gear more often even with a little throttle too?

So I have mirror dip enabled and Rear View Parking Screen. I have ran into some issues. Mirror dip is abit wierd. It doesnt remember my setting but I am sure I have read somewhere that this is the case. Also sometime my Rear Parking Screen thinks I also have sensors at the front of the car and shows the picture on my mmi for a car that has sensors both front and back. normally i get a picture of the car which only sensors at the back. if that makes sense.

Will Carista open/close valves on PFL S3? I've got the dongle and if it works will buy the licence

I want to see whether the 'old gen' device will do it, if so I'll get it for £35

Will Carista open/close valves on PFL S3? I've got the dongle and if it works will buy the licence

Doesn’t work. Not even with the beta app. OBDEleven say their one works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can’t be that hard to make the flaps stop flapping. In reality they have just not got the interest given the small number of S3

Just been fiddling with Carista and noticed that you can enable SQ2 dials with it. It’s not the central rev counter that the SQ2 and A3 has but it adds a few splashes of red to the VC which I quite like. Pic attached to show what it’s like. Before you all start, I know I don’t have an SQ2, but the dials look way nicer compared to normal. Just posting as perhaps it’s new and the A3 also has it?

BA663CCD 694C 4253 B91D 8215B108C5A9

Just been fiddling with Carista and noticed that you can enable SQ2 dials with it. It’s not the central rev counter that the SQ2 and A3 has but it adds a few splashes of red to the VC which I quite like. Pic attached to show what it’s like. Before you all start, I know I don’t have an SQ2, but the dials look way nicer compared to normal. Just posting as perhaps it’s new and the A3 also has it?

View attachment 198984
Hello Orsome,

I have the same car as you i think Q2 s line. I would like to try this mod but i am a bit worried that then if i try revert to normal Q2 dials gives an error message or there is any issue. Have you tried reverting to original dials from this ones? Also where exactly in Carista can you find this mod? I there is no arm may i try later.. what you have noticed it changes in respect the original dials apart of the red splashes?

Thanks

Reactions: Ormesome
Hello Orsome,

I have the same car as you i think Q2 s line. I would like to try this mod but i am a bit worried that then if i try revert to normal Q2 dials gives an error message or there is any issue. Have you tried reverting to original dials from this ones? Also where exactly in Carista can you find this mod? I there is no arm may i try later.. what you have noticed it changes in respect the original dials apart of the red splashes?

Thanks

No it’s fine. Carista is quite safe. Never had a problem. Been through all options and back again and no faults.

The rev counter is different, more spaced out between the numbers, splashes or red and perhaps the font. Think that’s all. If you go to customisations and then on display I think. Choose option 2 for MMI start screen. I went though all of them and only 2 and 6 are different. I have a Quattro Q2 so standard for me is number 6. All others apart from 2 & 6 are just the Audi rings.

The Quattro one will be different screen that the standard Q2? I will have a look later see what options I get. Carista not having any kind of back up before changes its a little bit of a concern. I have made many changes before with Carista on my old A3 but still not many on the Q2 just basic easy things as indicators interval, sweep needle, mirror dips.. but not have touch the dials yet.

Reactions: Ormesome
The Quattro one will be different screen that the standard Q2? I will have a look later see what options I get. Carista not having any kind of back up before changes its a little bit of a concern. I have made many changes before with Carista on my old A3 but still not many on the Q2 just basic easy things as indicators interval, sweep needle, mirror dips.. but not have touch the dials yet.
Different start screen in the VC to normal when you select option 2. Try it out. What screen do you have as standard? Audi rings or Quattro?

Just Audi rings as my car is not Quattro
Ok so for you option 6 and 2 are going to be different. Option 6 is the Quattro logo with Audi rings when you start the car,. No other changes. Option 2 brings SQ2 logo and Quattro on VC when you start the car and also the dials are different as shown in the foto. Take your phone outside and compare it to your car and my foto posted.

Just received a Carista dongle from Amazon uk. With my 2020 RS3 there appear to be very limited customisation options available in reality compared to the suggested list on the Carista website.

The main option I wanted was to disable start stop functionality. Having spent time cycling through the app menus it doesn’t appear to be there. Have emailed Carista support and asked for their thoughts.

Any 2020 A3 owners experienced similar issues?

Just received a Carista dongle from Amazon uk. With my 2020 RS3 there appear to be very limited customisation options available in reality compared to the suggested list on the Carista website.

The main option I wanted was to disable start stop functionality. Having spent time cycling through the app menus it doesn’t appear to be there. Have emailed Carista support and asked for their thoughts.

Any 2020 A3 owners experienced similar issues?

I had the same on my 2020 S3 hardly any options showing then read on here about 2019 onwards cars need the bonnet open.

Pop your bonnet and try again, no need to open it all the way you should have many more customisations showing now.

Reactions: Cj10
I had the same on my 2020 S3 hardly any options showing then read on here about 2019 onwards cars need the bonnet open.

Pop your bonnet and try again, no need to open it all the way you should have many more customisations showing now.

Thanks. That made a large number of customisation options appear, but still no start stop disable.

Having looked on a few VAG forums some people are suggesting start stop related firmware has been updated in 2020 models, meaning the current version of Carista can’t currently provide a disable hack.

Do you have the above option available to you? If so, where in the app menu is it displayed? Cheers.

Carista confirmed the start stop disable option has been removed for 2020 models due to an “ECU related issue”. Unable to be specific about the issue, and thus any timeline for a fix. To be fair, when I said the option concerned was the main reason I purchased Carista I was offered a refund straight away.

Carista confirmed the start stop disable option has been removed for 2020 models due to an “ECU related issue”. Unable to be specific about the issue, and thus any timeline for a fix. To be fair, when I said the option concerned was the main reason I purchased Carista I was offered a refund straight away.

I plugged my Carista back in to adjust the headlight washers and yep Stop Start Disable has been removed from mine, used to be in this Chassis & Engine section.

00EBD29A 9FC8 4AB4 B4C3 827AFB25ACA8

Reactions: Cj10
Does anyone know if i scan my car with Carista is it capable of listing faults relating to the aircon system. I already have the dongle but my subscription has ran out. So want to make sure it can before i renew my subscription

Hi everyone, I’ve read through this thread looking for an answer and couldn’t see it, although my eyes may have gone cross-eyed with all 15 pages!

In the process of retro-firing power fold mirrors to a FL 2017 S3.

I can see a lot of people have enabled mirror dip on reverse with success but has anyone also coded in retrofitted mirrors? The website suggests it can be done but this thread also suggests a lot of options are not available for FL cars.

Unfortunately I don’t have VCDS and so Carista seemed a good option, but only if it will actually work..!

Hi everyone, I’ve read through this thread looking for an answer and couldn’t see it, although my eyes may have gone cross-eyed with all 15 pages!

In the process of retro-firing power fold mirrors to a FL 2017 S3.

I can see a lot of people have enabled mirror dip on reverse with success but has anyone also coded in retrofitted mirrors? The website suggests it can be done but this thread also suggests a lot of options are not available for FL cars.

Unfortunately I don’t have VCDS and so Carista seemed a good option, but only if it will actually work..!

i don’t think Carista can code retrofits. I have vcds(old), Carista and obd11. Carista is very limited to a few things to very typical stuff that most folk would be interested in like dip mirrors, stop start etc. Obd11 pro can code like vcds but the labels can be a bit crap. Some of their built in apps can cause problems with some as well.
For doing things cheap obd11 (£40)and the pro coding package can do everything you need. I would stick to coding as you know what you have done and can reverse it whereas the apps you won’t see what it’s done.

Has anyone changed the haldex to more rear focussed on their S3?

I really want to code out the exhaust flaps. Almost at the pout of giving up on Carista and buying an OBDeleven