Carista App Now Avaliable For the 8V A3/S3 - PFL & FL Covered

Thanks mate!! Looks like I’ll be purchasing these!! Cheers for the link too brother!!
I just posted the first one I came across so don't know if any are cheaper etc. I suppose they all do the same thing though :)

Reactions: RS3KEY
Activated afew things last night on my s3 saloon 65 plate, beep/chirp on lock and unlock which I love, also changed my rear indicators so they now flash alternate instead of one long bar (dont have dynamic lights which I was pi$$ed about) put oil temp up and I’ve tried activating the dipped mirrors when in reverse it says it’s activated but for the life of me I can’t figure out why they aren’t dipping they just stay the same?? Anyone had this trouble and fixed it?

Activated afew things last night on my s3 saloon 65 plate, beep/chirp on lock and unlock which I love, also changed my rear indicators so they now flash alternate instead of one long bar (dont have dynamic lights which I was pi$$ed about) put oil temp up and I’ve tried activating the dipped mirrors when in reverse it says it’s activated but for the life of me I can’t figure out why they aren’t dipping they just stay the same?? Anyone had this trouble and fixed it?

You probably tried this but on mine you have to have the near side mirror selected on the dial and first time while in reverse set to angle you want in memory.

You probably tried this but on mine you have to have the near side mirror selected on the dial and first time while in reverse set to angle you want in memory.

Oryt makes sense!! Cheers mate will give it a try.

Hi guys,
Which third party app is the best to use with carista?
Need it to do standard obd code reading and clearing for different cars.
Trying to decide to get carista which is around £15 or some cheapy generic elm327 dongle.
Cheers
Al

Go with Carista mate . I bought a Torque Dongle , waste of money as it wouldn't work with Carista . Plus you get a month of free subscription with the Carista dongle

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlS3BE
Go with Carista mate . I bought a Torque Dongle , waste of money as it wouldn't work with Carista . Plus you get a month of free subscription with the Carista dongle

Happy to go with carista dongle but don’t want a subscription based app. Is there any apps, free or paid, that can be used with it?

Don't honestly know . I just bought v the Dongle and signed up for the 1 month free trial . Made the changes I need and cancelled the subscription before it renewed .

Hi,
I have just been informed by my Audi dealer that an update for the MMI has just been released by Audi and to book my A3 in for the update at my convenience.
If I go ahead and get this done will it delete all my Carista mods including the Beta mods I have added?

Hi,
I have just been informed by my Audi dealer that an update for the MMI has just been released by Audi and to book my A3 in for the update at my convenience.
If I go ahead and get this done will it delete all my Carista mods including the Beta mods I have added?
Any modes made to your MMI "might" be wiped, depends on the type of update.

You may also find that some mods no longer work with Carista with the new firmware until they release a new app...

Hi,

Thanks for that, guess I'll leave the MMI update for the time being, at least until the next Carista update arrives.

Hi,
I have just been informed by my Audi dealer that an update for the MMI has just been released by Audi

What age/model is your car/type of MMI does it have? Just wondering if my 2015 vintage one also has an upgrade available or if it's just for new/newer MMIs.

Its a 2016 PFL SE with Nav Plus MMI. The dealer said the update has been released today

I would not worry about mods not working to be honest. Updates are for bug fixes and not core functionality. The only thing that might be broken via an update would be VIM. I performed an update to my own vehicle the other day and no MMI related mods were wiped / lost.

Thanks for all the advice DJAlix, I'll get the update done and see what happens. Its not very often Audi service offers something for free so best take full advantage of it!

Audi Service (Cheshire Oaks) couldn't tell me what the update is for but it's booked in for next Tuesday to get it done. They did say it shouldn't affect any of the settings.

c7c6dd9df20050f936f48faee96ee309.jpg

anyone know what these codes mean?

Audi S3 8v pfl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ordered caristo, and used it yesterday.
Straight forward and works great!

i put unlock/lock chirp on and i got pacecar indicators done. Loads more options in there too!

Still waiting for this myself...

It is/was in the beta but it didn't work last time I tried.
I'm waiting for this too, can someone please give us a shout once exhaust valves can be controlled?

Reactions: T3nnant
There is now an option to change Quattro rear bias. I haven’t tried it yet on my s3 as thought it may just do the same as the drive mode settings?

For anyone who doesn't know what this is

Its a more basic & a lot cheaper version of VCDS IMO
http://www.caristaapp.com/

Covers -
Basic OBD2 diagnostics
Advanced diagnostic
Customizations
Service indicator reset
Electronic parking brake tool

The most recent update on the 9th December now covers, of all things, the 8V A3/S3 PFL & FL models
http://www.caristaapp.com/vehicle/Audi/A3/S3 (Mk3: 2013+)/2016
Scroll down 2/3 of the page

The folks on the B8 A4/S4 section have been using this app for a while now
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/carista-app.237050/

I've used it on my S4 & its dead easy to use

I have just used it to release the EPB (Elec Handbrake) to change the discs and pads - Best £16 I've spent in a long time.

Reactions: Scotty75
So I’ve just purchased a week pass for my facelift a3 and was suprised by the limited number of options working for the mmi compared to my pfl.

I’ve enabled needle sweep, mirror dip on reverse (works but won’t show the on/off in menu), beep on lock/unlock (no option in menu either even though it’s enabled)

Has anyone else got these controls in their facelift models?

I also noticed the disabled start stop and increase throttle response options which I may try out during the week.

In addition to enabling the beep on lock/unlock. You also have to enabled the control for it on the mmi.

This it’s labeled as show lock/unlock beep control on mmi. Then you will be able to switch it on or off

In addition to enabling the beep on lock/unlock. You also have to enabled the control for it on the mmi.

This it’s labeled as show lock/unlock beep control on mmi. Then you will be able to switch it on or off

Hi, yes I have enabled it but it hasn’t shown up on the mmi like I’m pretty sure it did on my pfl

I have just used it to release the EPB (Elec Handbrake) to change the discs and pads - Best £16 I've spent in a long time.

Once you have released the handbrake is there any special tools required over the normal ones. Just gathering info as mine are due to be done soon. Also what discs and pads did you go for.

Has anyone managed to open the flaps on their S3 using the beta app? Still doesn’t work for me with the latest beta version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing came up on the trip computer no. Yes there are errors when you do a scan though unless you get something like this https://vwpartsinternational.com/sh...oval-fault-code-off-wire-connector-new-parts/

Carista said they don't have the resources to find a fix for the valves issue at the moment. And today OBDEleven announced their product is vaporware :/
Looks like I am going down the physical route. Has anyone installed the above plugs on a FL S3 (2019 GPF/OPF)? The description says they are for pre-facelift models.

All, I have a Carista Dongle all boxed and barely used (no longer have Audi, and my 2018 Q5 was never supported properly)

£10 posted (In the UK) - PM me if interested

Attachments

• Carista.jpg
    Carista.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 248