Carista App Now Avaliable For the 8V A3/S3 - PFL & FL Covered

Does anyone know if Caristsa will allow you to de-activate side airbags? For example if fitting recaro seats. Don't want the annoying dash light on.:)
You will need access to someone with VCDS and / or alike. Apps like Carista will not be able to complete advanced coding like that.

Reactions: jimojameso
Can you activate VIM and alarm chirp on lock and unlock through carista?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could not activate chirp lock/unlock on my car, the option does not exist at all for some reason for me. I do not have factory alarm fitted if that makes sense.

Can you activate VIM and alarm chirp on lock and unlock through carista?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OBDEleven will do the VIM

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolly12
I could not activate chirp lock/unlock on my car, the option does not exist at all for some reason for me. I do not have factory alarm fitted if that makes sense.
That would be why, you need a factory alarm for this to work.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Rideen
Anyone using this on a FL 8V (17)

Im finding there seems to be allot of customizations missing from the list under 8V S3 on caristas website.

(That list may only apply to PFL 8v’s though)

Dam and blast

There's a setting to turn of driving lights when you put the parking brake on. Anyone got it to work?

Lights on Auto. When I stop the car I want to be able to listen to music whilst parked up with the driving lights off. They stay on until I remove the key, despite setting this adaption to on.

So there's a "Pace Car" adaption in the options. What it does is flash the tailgate indicator and rear wing indicator lamps alternatively, rather than together when you use the indicator. Anyone any idea if it's legal to use indicators like this in the UK?

So there's a "Pace Car" adaption in the options. What it does is flash the tailgate indicator and rear wing indicator lamps alternatively, rather than together when you use the indicator. Anyone any idea if it's legal to use indicators like this in the UK?
Illegal but was never stopped for it when I had my PFL car.

Ordered this for 9.99 on amazon. Couldnt work it out as there seems to be conflicting comments on here but basically interested in the mirror dip in reverse. do i just turn it on in carista and thats it? or do i need to do the manual adjustment to set it first? S3 without power folding mirrors.

Ordered this for 9.99 on amazon. Couldnt work it out as there seems to be conflicting comments on here but basically interested in the mirror dip in reverse. do i just turn it on in carista and thats it? or do i need to do the manual adjustment to set it first? S3 without power folding mirrors.

I can confirm that you don't need to do anything except turn it on in carisra. It all works nicely!

Got the beta version. Set the exhaust flaps to be open permanently. Any other interesting ones on there that people recommend?

Does anyone think there will be more updates to come for the pfl or will they concentrate on the FL now? I'm not sure what else can be achieved on the modifications for the PFL?

Does anyone think there will be more updates to come for the pfl or will they concentrate on the FL now? I'm not sure what else can be achieved on the modifications for the PFL?

Any options that are shared between the models will be available for both. I don't think there are much more options missing on PFL though.

Has anyone tested the start/stop memory button thing on a FL A3/S3? Does it categorically work?

Got the Carista OBD thingy via Amazon for £15.99 and it seems to work well via iphone app and its free for a month!

Really? That's a facelift model?

Can you elaborate on exactly what you did with the app and how the start/stop now behaves?

Not sure what a facelift model is.
Mine is a new 2017 A3cab in the US and the start/stop would only turn off with the button on the dash when I received it.
A little research and I found Carlista. Signed up for their beta test program, bought the module from Amazon $35.00 downloaded the app off ITunes and figured how to use it. Simple.

Turned off start/stop and turned on voice control on the steering wheel.
Just a selection of on or off.

Works like a normal car at a stop sign. Just keeps at idle. No stopping.

Bill S.

Reactions: Vertigo1
Hi all, I’ve read through most of this thread and I can’t seem to find a definitive answer on what exactly Carista will allow me to change on my FL S3 sportback.

I’m looking to do the following:
Enable beep when locking
Enable visual display for parking (I have standard reverse parking sensors only)
Open exhaust valve all the time.

Can anyone tell me which of these, if any will be able to be done with Carista? I’ve read conflicting posts and I’m not really sure what’s what now... I know some people had said it was very limited what you can do with it on facelift cars, I’m not sure if updates have resolved this at all?

Many thanks

I'll go ahead and write what I've found out during my time with Carista.

Only possible if you have factory alarm fitted.

Same setup as mine, did not have this option.
I have the standard alarm so should have this option. Are you saying it won’t allow you to enable the visual parking display? That’s a shame as it’s probably the no.1 thing I’d like it for
What else works on it, I mean anything you’d say is worth doing?

I have the standard alarm so should have this option. Are you saying it won’t allow you to enable the visual parking display? That’s a shame as it’s probably the no.1 thing I’d like it for
What else works on it, I mean anything you’d say is worth doing?

Well, I did not have the option of enabling visual parking aid and I have standard rear parking sensors (2017 FL A3).

What was worth doing to me is oil temperature on DIS, passenger mirror dip when in reverse and needle sweep on startup. You might have these already enabled by default on S3 though.

Well, I did not have the option of enabling visual parking aid and I have standard rear parking sensors (2017 FL A3).

What was worth doing to me is oil temperature on DIS, passenger mirror dip when in reverse and needle sweep on startup. You might have these already enabled by default on S3 though.
Yeah I’ve got the needle sweep already, and folding mirrors so already has the dip feature. Wouldn’t mind the oil temp being displayed though. Where abouts is it shown? I’ve got the standard dials, not virtual cockpit
Thanks

Yeah I’ve got the needle sweep already, and folding mirrors so already has the dip feature. Wouldn’t mind the oil temp being displayed though. Where abouts is it shown? I’ve got the standard dials, not virtual cockpit
Thanks

It adds it to all DIS menus, you use the right steering wheel scroller to select it. On mine I have it set to digital speedo and you scroll to the bottom of the list; I think its at the bottom of each DIS menu. It show a couple of dashes until it reaches above 50 degrees.

Reactions: MB86
It adds it to all DIS menus, you use the right steering wheel scroller to select it. On mine I have it set to digital speedo and you scroll to the bottom of the list; I think its at the bottom of each DIS menu. It show a couple of dashes until it reaches above 50 degrees.
Nice, thanks for that. Has anyone managed to set the exhaust to valve to fully open all the time on a FL S3? I don’t think I’ve seen it confirmed on this thread yet?

Nice, thanks for that. Has anyone managed to set the exhaust to valve to fully open all the time on a FL S3? I don’t think I’ve seen it confirmed on this thread yet?

I have it done with odbeleven, am sure I have seen others on here say they have done so with Carista.

New beta released last night includes exhaust flaps for the facelift and throttle mapping. Haven’t tried the flaps yet but the throttle response change is brilliant and reduces the dead spot

638e06ff546c216c48a57bd19ecee707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
@gringosteve : Very interesting. If you do the exhaust flaps always open mod please let us know how this works out for you. I have Carista but I'm nervous about beta software. I thought I read somewhere that someone got the exhaust flaps open with a beta version of Carista but then he found the drone too much and could not then use the software to revert to normal operation.

Tested it and sadly it didn’t work, just received a communication error. I have fed back to the developers and will let you know. The throttle response makes a marked difference making it more linear in delivery. People in other VAG cars have seen a drop in MPG as the throttle puts power in faster

Tested it and sadly it didn’t work, just received a communication error. I have fed back to the developers and will let you know. The throttle response makes a marked difference making it more linear in delivery. People in other VAG cars have seen a drop in MPG as the throttle puts power in faster

That's a pity. I tried to sort out my passenger mirror dip on reverse. This was enabled from the factory and it was working but stopped recently. Carista reports it is all enabled but it does not work so a trip to the dealer unfortunately.

I had a similar issue. I haven’t tried this yet but the developers recommend I try the below:

As for the passenger mirror dip, please try the following steps. First, enable "Allow lowering passenger-side mirror when in reverse gear" and "Lower passenger-side mirror when in reverse gear". After that move the mirror switch to the passenger's position. Also, please do not enable any of these:
Remember position when lowering driver-side mirror in reverse gear
Remember position when lowering passenger-side mirror in reverse gear
Remember position when lowering passenger-side mirror in reverse gear (step 1 of 2)
Remember position when lowering passenger-side mirror in reverse gear (step 2 of 2)
Remember position when lowering driver-side mirror in reverse gear (step 1 of 2)
Remember position when lowering driver-side mirror in reverse gear (step 2 of 2)