1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Carista App Now Avaliable For the 8V A3/S3 - PFL & FL Covered

Bristle Hound Dec 12, 2016

1. mojo555

mojo555 Registered User

I've got the beta version for my facelift S3, tried to do flapper mod a few times now and doesn't work I've emailed them and they have replied with a few suggestions still won't work, anyone successfully done the flapper mod disabled?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

I believe it worked on my PFL... Any idea how I can check??

I have a slight drone which I noticed when doing it manually by unplugging them, so I think it is successfully done

4. MadsE

MadsE Registered User

:) I will post some screenshots from the app one of the following days.

5. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Registered User

Can anyone confirm that on latest update (3.3) that start/stop disable function works with no fault codes and that oil temperature is displayed on all screens on the centre display between speedo and rev couter. Also I presume the push button for start/stop no longer has any function when toggled, if the Carista code to disable has been employed? This is for a 2017 S3 no VC and I would think there would no difference in PFL cars for application of these features and vice versa.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dougie

6. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Oil Temp is only on the DIS (screen in the binnacle). Its only on 2 view options for me. Its on the MPH (speed) option screen & 1st option screen. forget the names! scroll through and with the left scroll button on the wheel & it should be there. It doesn't work on the efficiency option which for me is option 2. Sorry if this is confusing. i forget the names of the 3/4 view options!

Start/Stop thing did nothing for me. would love to hear more about it and how to get it working...

Also would love to hear more about the much raved (@MadsE??) version that is in beta att he moment as there are supposedly more options coming? or is it just bull?!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Flying Scotsman likes this.
  7. MadsE

MadsE Registered User

Haha. Sorry. I am really not good at posting the screenshots. But the final 3.4 version should be out in a few days.

I can confirm that start / stop works on my car. I used method 1.

There are several new options. But again it depend what your car support.

Ormesome likes this.
  8. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Registered User

Method one and two, please describe, as there is no info on the website. I assume they are temperature related and is the push button start/stop completely disabled?

9. MadsE

MadsE Registered User

There are two options to chose from. My work with the first one and I guess yours will too. And be turned off completely and the button will not have any affect then - I guess. The behaviour is like when the car is cold.

10. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

I think it is fair that @MadsE isn't sharing too much information since that is the nature of being a beta tester. If we told you all what is coming, then it didn't come or didn't work out then you'd be disappointed haha

As a side note, if you wish to join the beta (I did) there is no obligation to try the new features... You can just 'look' if you wish :)

Also I don't think Carista really want all details of the beta online as competitors could then work towards beating them to bring out new / similar features

MadsE and Ormesome like this.
  11. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

3.4 update is out... any feedback? iv not got a chance to check it out yet but it says "Russian language added = More customisations + Bug Fixes"

KieranJ22 likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. ammo-mcr

ammo-mcr Registered User

i ran to check as my subscription ends midnight and it was a waste of effort because doesnt seem like theres any new customistation or fixes for a3 :rage:

Ormesome likes this.
  14. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Haha i must have bought mine at the same time as you as my yearly subscription went out last night. Not tried the update yet but if its as you say then ill be a little gutted.

ammo-mcr likes this.
  15. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

@ammo-mcr your right. nothing new. Was hoping for more and a bit disappointed as people hyped it up.

ammo-mcr likes this.
  16. ammo-mcr

ammo-mcr Registered User

what would of been the best thing if they managed to do the exhaust valve open close option on there rather than going under the car and manually doing it

17. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

This was in the beta
    Maybe there is another update coming for you guys?

18. SamR92

SamR92 Registered User

See if you use these tools to set something - is it an instant warranty void from Audi? Always wanted to enable the auto tilt passenger mirror when reversing, but worried that Audi would try get out of any fault with the car if they noticed it was modified.

19. KieranJ22

KieranJ22 Registered User

You can just put everything back to how it was whenever you want. Something like mirror tilt will not be noticed

azibux1 and SamR92 like this.
  20. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Plus legally (as far as I can tell from logic / reading) they can't claim something like you enabling mirror tilt ruined the gearbox. Obviously if you have a mirror that becomes faulty... That could be a different story

SamR92 likes this.
  21. mistac

mistac Registered User

Can someone clarify about the in app purchase bit - I read somewhere that there is an amount to pay (£14.99) but is that an indefinite customisation subscription or for a year/limited period

22. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Not sure on the exact price mate. It if you go to their website it tells you very clearly the pay structure. I got the official Carista dongle so I got one month free with this. After the end of the free month I paid for a year full access at around £30.

23. mistac

mistac Registered User

after a bit more research, it appear the "pro" used to be £14.99, but has now changed to a subscription based purchase - iTunes mentions

Top In-App Purchases
    1. Pro Package£19.99
    2. Pro 1-week Pass£9.99
    3. Pro£33.99
    4. Pro£33.99
    Does 1 and 2 mean the subscription only ? - If so do not know what 3 and 4 are as they are both the same amount - perhaps they include the adapter??

24. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Any new updates coming or has it reached its peak?

KieranJ22 likes this.
  25. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

I haven't checked for a while to be honest. Bit annoying that even with the beta, you have to plug in and do the scan for it to see what customisations are available... and even then I don't 'think' it tells you what's new... have to work it out for yourself from memory

Ormesome likes this.
  26. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Typical, do everything you need in the free trial period, get promised of marvels ahead, pay yearly fee, then nothing happens! Half got me thinking that Carista people signed up here to promote the app.

ammo-mcr likes this.
  27. Raul_sbd

Raul_sbd Registered User

Carista 3.4.1 out now for ios and Android.. anyone knows the changes for our A3/S3? they should give more details on what are the changes on each update.

Ormesome likes this.
  28. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Nothing for my A3. Lost faith in this thing. It does everything you want it to do in the free trial. No point in the upgrade per yr. Also, i got my needle sweep and all those extra things one does when you get the app, done by a chap in Leicester for £20 with his VCDS. Since iv got Carista all iv done is the chirp when locking. Hardly worth the £35ish yearly free and the £25 dongle price. Only point it becomes useful is if i have an error code on the dash. But even then if i get one i hope its before the yearly subscription runs out.... :blink:

29. lou15p

lou15p Registered User

Who did you use in Leicester @Ormesome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ormesome likes this.
  30. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Sorry mate i really cant remember. Ill check my last posts and see if it comes up as i remember posting about it in August last yr. Think hes well known and recommended though.

EDIT: Company are: http://www.vagpro.co.uk/

I think he did a special price as he came really late at night and was really busy so had to fit me in. I was living close by too so bear this in mind if your quote is higher! but have a haggle anyway!!

lou15p likes this.
  31. Raul_sbd

Raul_sbd Registered User

Still worthy for me as i'm one of the earlier ones that purchased Carista.. good times when it was £16 for the pro package, so bought it before the change of pricing took place.

I will plug later to see what is there for my A3 but as you said I think I have done everything I wanted on my A3, needle sweep, oil temp, chirp on locking..etc..

Regards

Ormesome likes this.
  32. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Updated and plugged in this morning and these are the updates. Car is in my signature:

IMG_6390.PNG IMG_6391.PNG IMG_6392.PNG IMG_6393.PNG IMG_6394.PNG

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

35. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

I think they need to pull their finger out and actually test the stuff they are adding:
    • Allow configuring beep when locking / unlocking = new A4, A5, Q5, A7 only
    • Refuel Quantity in MFD = VW only
    • Oil temperature display = Mine is actually enabled
    • Allow enabling of oil Temperature display via MMI = new A4, A5, Q5, A7 only
    • Auto headlights activation threshold = should say early, late and something else

36. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

Yeah it is a bit of a shame. It looked promising but I sent them a few errors too when enabling stuff, either errors, problems or it didn't work at all and I got nothing back really....

Also like you say a bit annoying it doesn't 'feed back' from the car to say what's actually configured. It only seems to know what it has done.

37. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

@DJAlix i swear those mods in your pics where there from when I got the app in December?

ammo-mcr likes this.
  38. DJAlix

Maybe. Am not monitoring it to be honest as I don't use the app on my car

Ormesome likes this.
  39. mojo555

mojo555 Registered User

I still can't get the flapper mod to work, emailed them and they say others having same problem. Anyone else hit it working on facelift S3

40. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

yep, all the same. not changed anything since December or since i first got the app/dongle.

41. MadsE

MadsE Registered User

Agree. And as far as I can see there are no new features in the 3.5 update.

42. reyoasian

reyoasian Registered User

So the app is free...then can I use it with any OBD reader? Don't really want to fork out $52 CDN just for an OBD reader if it's just a generic one...

43. azibux1

azibux1 Registered User

The app is free, but for customisations and in-depth diagnostics (resetting of codes and reading full codes) you need to subscribe to their service

But yes, generic adapters are compatible providing they meet the specific ELM (?) version they mention on their site