1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Carista App Now Avaliable For the 8V A3/S3 - PFL & FL Covered

Bristle Hound Dec 12, 2016

1. M99JCK

M99JCK Registered User

Yeah thats my issue really! Ill leave as is just now

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. gringosteve

gringosteve Registered User

I went back into beta with Carista. I tried every way under the sun and still couldn’t get the exhaust flap coding to work on my facelift. I even disconnected the flaps and tried to code them out. Carista need to get their hands on an example car physically to diagnose what is going wrong. Given that hasn’t happened in the past 2 and a half years.. I give up.

So i have bought a second hand obdeleven which should be with me this weekend. Will see if I can work our how to change it with that, and if I can monitor the state of the long coding before and after Carista

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. gringosteve

ObdEleven pro coded the flaps out with ease. Just used the long coding feature.

Will keep hold of the Carista for simple on click app changes.. I have lifetime license so it’s free. But the power in the OBDEleven is amazing

5. Peter82

Peter82 Registered User

So this carista thing is for nothing really I will buy it and still will have to spend money on it?

6. gringosteve

Carista is brilliant, simple to use. I bought mine years ago before they stated the subscription model. I think it was £8.88 for the software with infinite changes. I will still be using mine for the wide array of stuff it does with ease.

But OBDeleven Pro is much more powerful and more complex to use and can do some changes Carista cannot

7. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

After the whole emission scandal I don’t think they will make it easy to disable stop start. Think there’s a few ways to disable stop start like voltage changes and other stuff. It’s one thing that’s never bothered me as I think it works well enough with an auto car. If you turn the stereo on loud enough and air con on as well it will rarely kick in as there’s too much current draw from the battery.

8. Mastachaz

Mastachaz Registered User

any of this can activate powerfolding mirrors?

9. Gazjs

Gazjs Registered User

Can you clear faults with the Carista?

For example, do flap delete by unplugging, put a fault code removal plug on the end then use the Carista to clear and keep the fault off?

10. Gazjs

Gazjs Registered User

Many Thanks

I assume also if you do a 1 month subscription, the changes re,Ian once the month expires but you would require a further payment to remove/change again?