1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Carista App Now Avaliable For the 8V A3/S3 - PFL & FL Covered

Bristle Hound Dec 12, 2016

1. S3KEY

S3KEY Registered User

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. oli356

oli356 Registered User

I just posted the first one I came across so don't know if any are cheaper etc. I suppose they all do the same thing though :)

S3KEY likes this.
  4. S3KEY

S3KEY Registered User

Activated afew things last night on my s3 saloon 65 plate, beep/chirp on lock and unlock which I love, also changed my rear indicators so they now flash alternate instead of one long bar (dont have dynamic lights which I was pi$$ed about) put oil temp up and I’ve tried activating the dipped mirrors when in reverse it says it’s activated but for the life of me I can’t figure out why they aren’t dipping they just stay the same?? Anyone had this trouble and fixed it?

5. Richard46

Richard46 Registered User

You probably tried this but on mine you have to have the near side mirror selected on the dial and first time while in reverse set to angle you want in memory.

6. S3KEY

S3KEY Registered User

Oryt makes sense!! Cheers mate will give it a try.

7. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

Hi guys,
    Which third party app is the best to use with carista?
    Need it to do standard obd code reading and clearing for different cars.
    Trying to decide to get carista which is around £15 or some cheapy generic elm327 dongle.
    Cheers
    Al

8. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Silver Supporter

Go with Carista mate . I bought a Torque Dongle , waste of money as it wouldn't work with Carista . Plus you get a month of free subscription with the Carista dongle

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

AlS3BE likes this.
  9. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

Happy to go with carista dongle but don’t want a subscription based app. Is there any apps, free or paid, that can be used with it?

10. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Silver Supporter

Don't honestly know . I just bought v the Dongle and signed up for the 1 month free trial . Made the changes I need and cancelled the subscription before it renewed .

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

11. MarAnt

MarAnt Registered User

Hi,
    I have just been informed by my Audi dealer that an update for the MMI has just been released by Audi and to book my A3 in for the update at my convenience.
    If I go ahead and get this done will it delete all my Carista mods including the Beta mods I have added?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Any modes made to your MMI "might" be wiped, depends on the type of update.

14. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

You may also find that some mods no longer work with Carista with the new firmware until they release a new app...

15. MarAnt

MarAnt Registered User

Hi,
    I have just been informed by my Audi dealer that an update for the MMI has just been released by Audi and to book my A3 in for the update at my convenience.
    If I go ahead and get this done will it delete all my Carista mods including the Beta mods I have added?

16. MarAnt

MarAnt Registered User

Thanks for that, guess I'll leave the MMI update for the time being, at least until the next Carista update arrives.

17. Wibbly

Wibbly Registered User

What age/model is your car/type of MMI does it have? Just wondering if my 2015 vintage one also has an upgrade available or if it's just for new/newer MMIs.

18. MarAnt

MarAnt Registered User

Its a 2016 PFL SE with Nav Plus MMI. The dealer said the update has been released today

19. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

I would not worry about mods not working to be honest. Updates are for bug fixes and not core functionality. The only thing that might be broken via an update would be VIM. I performed an update to my own vehicle the other day and no MMI related mods were wiped / lost.

20. MarAnt

MarAnt Registered User

Thanks for all the advice DJAlix, I'll get the update done and see what happens. Its not very often Audi service offers something for free so best take full advantage of it!

21. quattrorally

quattrorally Registered User

anyone know what the update includes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. MarAnt

MarAnt Registered User

Audi Service (Cheshire Oaks) couldn't tell me what the update is for but it's booked in for next Tuesday to get it done. They did say it shouldn't affect any of the settings.

23. eyescream

eyescream Registered User

Still no exhaust flap mod ?

24. IgorFB

IgorFB Registered User

Still waiting for this myself...

It is/was in the beta but it didn't work last time I tried.

25. quattrorally

quattrorally Registered User

[​IMG]

anyone know what these codes mean?

Audi S3 8v pfl

26. T3nnant

T3nnant Registered User

ordered caristo, and used it yesterday.
    Straight forward and works great!

i put unlock/lock chirp on and i got pacecar indicators done. Loads more options in there too!

27. HertS3

HertS3 Registered User

I'm waiting for this too, can someone please give us a shout once exhaust valves can be controlled?

T3nnant likes this.
  28. gringosteve

gringosteve Registered User

There is now an option to change Quattro rear bias. I haven’t tried it yet on my s3 as thought it may just do the same as the drive mode settings?

29. hefnliz

hefnliz Registered User

I have just used it to release the EPB (Elec Handbrake) to change the discs and pads - Best £16 I've spent in a long time.

Scotty75 likes this.
  30. IgorFB

IgorFB Registered User

On a side note; Is the new OBDEleven (iOS) out yet?

31. Phone Tech

Phone Tech Registered User

Hi guyz is this any good or just for car info ?

32. Ice Kay

Ice Kay Active Member VCDS Map User

The carista is only £10.99 at the moment on Amazon

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. KieranJ22

KieranJ22 Registered User

So I’ve just purchased a week pass for my facelift a3 and was suprised by the limited number of options working for the mmi compared to my pfl.

I’ve enabled needle sweep, mirror dip on reverse (works but won’t show the on/off in menu), beep on lock/unlock (no option in menu either even though it’s enabled)

Has anyone else got these controls in their facelift models?

I also noticed the disabled start stop and increase throttle response options which I may try out during the week.

35. Henda

Henda Registered User

In addition to enabling the beep on lock/unlock. You also have to enabled the control for it on the mmi.

This it’s labeled as show lock/unlock beep control on mmi. Then you will be able to switch it on or off

36. KieranJ22

Hi, yes I have enabled it but it hasn’t shown up on the mmi like I’m pretty sure it did on my pfl

37. Henda

Henda Registered User

I have just done it on my facelift A3. Its under the central locking settings on the mmi

38. KieranJ22

Just done it again and it’s on there now!

Henda likes this.
  39. Henda

Henda Registered User

Once you have released the handbrake is there any special tools required over the normal ones. Just gathering info as mine are due to be done soon. Also what discs and pads did you go for.

40. JimmyMcGee

JimmyMcGee Registered User

Has anyone managed to open the flaps on their S3 using the beta app? Still doesn’t work for me with the latest beta version.

41. JimmyMcGee

JimmyMcGee Registered User

Carista said they don't have the resources to find a fix for the valves issue at the moment. And today OBDEleven announced their product is vaporware :/
    Looks like I am going down the physical route. Has anyone installed the above plugs on a FL S3 (2019 GPF/OPF)? The description says they are for pre-facelift models.

42. NevMan

NevMan Well known member

All, I have a Carista Dongle all boxed and barely used (no longer have Audi, and my 2018 Q5 was never supported properly)

£10 posted (In the UK) - PM me if interested

Attached Files:

43. Audi Ashley

Audi Ashley Registered User

Will this enable VIM mode and Rear Parking Screen ?