Card Holder / Tray Light

a3audistu

Reaction score
After extensive use of the search button, getting confused with various part numbers and researching the how to guides I've just replaced the Ashtray with the None Smokers Pack. I also extended the wiring from the Ashtray (I adapted the connector off the Ashtray to avoid cutting the connector out the car) and fitted the light and cover under the Double Din, still quite impressed as its only the second mod I've done so far. There is something about that feeling of looking at the finished product and knowing you put all the parts in yourself.

Anyway, whilst the Climate Control unit was out I noticed on the back of the Credit Card / Coin Tray there looks to be an electrical connector, but nothing plugged into it. The tray was fitted to my car when I had it and I only noticed recently it doesn't light up (I didn't notice till I read about it on here). Should there be a connector lurking about to plug it in to? I had a look for one whilst the car was in bits, however couldn't see anything. I just wondered if it would be taped up somewhere out the way.

Not really sure about where it would plug in but the lamp to illuminate the symbol isn't actually in the tray it's underneath and shines into the bit you can see when it's closed.

Does that make sense?

Not really sure about where it would plug in but the lamp to illuminate the symbol isn't actually in the tray it's underneath and shines into the bit you can see when it's closed.

Does that make sense?

I don't suppose you have a pic of where the lamp is? On other threads its mentions a socket on the back of the drawer, which mine has, just no connector from the loom. I need to stop this retro fitting lark, it raises more questions everytime I do something!

I can get one later....

If the square is the drawer front the light is where the x is. The drawer symbol is only illuminated when the drawer is closed

I can get one later....

If the square is the drawer front the light is where the x is. The drawer symbol is only illuminated when the drawer is closed

The bulb is actually at the back of the tray, I can see it on my cup holder

Thanks Jack_tdi I can see where it should be now. Mine is certainly not lighting up and when I had the car in bits the other day there is nothing connected to anything obvious. I'm sure on here somewhere I've read the cable plugs into the back of the tray, I'll have to go back over and do some more searching.