Carbon wrapped interior bits...

S3 vag...

Reaction score
Hi guys thought I would share a picture of my centre console wrapped in carbon fibre vinyl for anyone thinking of doing it. The aluminium effect had started looking tired so I thought I would have a go with the carbon look, hope it helps someone decide on there's :yes:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5,098
Reactions: Verse1, Baka, leshkin and 1 other person
I was thinking of doing something like this in my A3 round the gear stick like yours and on the door trim, the only reason is my trim has started to get some marks on them and the passenger rear door trim has cracked and chipped, I think it looks nice wrapped :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi guys thought I would share a picture of my centre console wrapped in carbon fibre vinyl for anyone thinking of doing it. The aluminium effect had started looking tired so I thought I would have a go with the carbon look, hope it helps someone decide on there's :yes:
can you recommend some decent carbon wrap?

Looks relly good!! Did you take the bits off and fit the wrap or did you do it with the bits in place? Also why didn't you use glossy wrap? Just asking if maybe glossy one isn't as good as the one you used as i might be doing this in the future. Thanks.

can you recommend some decent carbon wrap?

I just bought mine off eBay it's the air bubble free wrap. Just search for carbon fibre vinyl wrap it will come up :grinning:

Looks relly good!! Did you take the bits off and fit the wrap or did you do it with the bits in place? Also why didn't you use glossy wrap? Just asking if maybe glossy one isn't as good as the one you used as i might be doing this in the future. Thanks.
Thanks nice to see someone liking the ideas, yea I took the parts off and wrapped them then refitted them afterward, I just chose this wrap as I thought it would look nicer than the glossy wrap, suppose it's personal preference.. Good luck with it if you do it to yours in the future :semi twins:

Reactions: S.
I just bought mine off eBay it's the air bubble free wrap. Just search for carbon fibre vinyl wrap it will come up :grinning:
Cheers, I've seen a few I'm thinking of getting.

Reactions: S3 vag...
Looks neat, good job

Good job! I like how that looks. My driver's door aluminium trim is starting to look a little tired - may give this a go too.

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Looks smart, been thinking about getting my dipped. Is it hard to get the bits off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks smart, been thinking about getting my dipped. Is it hard to get the bits off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No not hard at all cigarette socket surround and gear stick surround just pull out and if I remember rightly there's a couple of screws to get the ash tray out