1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Carbon wing mirror covers Yes or No

Andyl57 Feb 24, 2019

1. Andyl57

Andyl57 New Member Gold Supporter

Ive been looking at these for a week now trying to decide if I should splash out. The Audi already has the black edition black wing mirrors so these would be just me being a tart really, I do like the look of them and they state OEM fit, but are they really, as many things state they fit correctly but in reality they don’t and look ****.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/172995120003

What are your opinions, I know end of the day it’s my decision but a bit of advice doesn’t hurt.

Thanks in advance, Andy.

V6_Man likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. V6_Man

V6_Man Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I am also in the same boat, bought the CF mirror covers for me S4 and they have been ceramic coated and are gathering dust in the garage as I am not sure whether I should put them on or not.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandra and Andyl57 like this.
  4. Beo

Beo Registered User

Put a pair on my B8.5 RS5 and added sequential indicators. I love ‘em!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GAS MONKEY, V6_Man and Sandra like this.
  5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Put them on Tash :)

V6_Man likes this.
  6. V6_Man

V6_Man Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Planning on putting them on in April @Sandra. Will be in Aberdeen coming weekend and then Manchester week after before going off on 3 weeks holidays from 15th March.

7. Russboy

Russboy Registered User

I've got them, much prefer them to the silver:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ryan Wright and V6_Man like this.
  8. Andyl57

Andyl57 New Member Gold Supporter

So can I ask where you guys got yours from, I’d like to buy from a reliable source that actually fit the A4 8.5 well?

9. Russboy

Russboy Registered User

I bought mine via the forum I'm afraid. They were new and the previous owner never got round to fitting them

Genuine parts wrapped in carbon fibre if memory serves me well, picked them up for £150.

10. cbeadle2508

cbeadle2508 Registered User

[​IMG]

Got mine from eBay I think... Carbon Fibre overlay. Got a Carbon Fibre boot lip spoiler as well which goes well with them.

Andyl57 likes this.
  11. HertS3

HertS3 Registered User

Hmm sorry to revive this but I'm thinking of doing the same, the chrome/silver is too bright for my liking! On my black car all I can see is big silver ears :) CF should blend in more, had the OEM Audi ones on my S3 (which I managed to pick up for just over £100 based on a tip on this forum from an Audi dealer!) which I miss.

Any recommendations for decent ones? XXII Tuning state that theirs are stuck on top of the originals, others say they're a direct replacement for the original part, with eBay/Ali Express you can never be sure of quality...

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. HertS3

HertS3 Registered User

14. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[​IMG]

People should have what they want on cars though, all mine have had mods with mixed reviews, haters gonna hate.

HertS3 likes this.
  15. HertS3

HertS3 Registered User

LOL each to their own! Perhaps I'll grow to love the shiny mirror caps, they're just not doing it for me at the moment. Black would be a bit boring, carbon fibre gives it a bit of an edge (tbh from a distance it would look black anyway)