Carbon Vinly Wrapping

Amason007

Reaction score
Thought I would share with you all my little project I had this W/E. The brushed alli door trims were starting to look a bit tired and marked etc, mainly the drivers side where the seatbelt buckle had sometimes hit trim!!!

I started with all the door trims front and rear, which were pretty easy to remove. Then I did above the glove box. It looked too much work to remove this, and around the light switch, so I decided to wrap these without removing them. As I was happy with the result, I then decided to do around the gear leaver selector and ashtray.

Its taken me all W/E to do this this but happy and pleased I did. Despite all the rain!!!

Andy
IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

​That is an excellent job Andy. It really brightens up the interior. :)

Really good job there, id say a good use of a weekend!

Top job fella, I did mine in anthracite, is that silver - looks nice and bright :icon_thumright:

Thanks for your comments :thumbsup:

Macdoon,

Yes, I went for silver. As Sandra says, it really brightens up the interior.

Cheers,

Andy

look's really well mate. Is it the 3m stuff you used?

Looks great any links to what u used ?

That's exactly what I want to do round the centre section around the gear stick! Looks fantastic mate. How on earth did you manage to do it though without taking it off though!

Good job there! . I rapped my front grill at the weekend at is was not as easy as i thought .

That's exactly what I want to do round the centre section around the gear stick! Looks fantastic mate. How on earth did you manage to do it though without taking it off though!

Thanks Iceash,

I did take the ashtray lid and the surround out to wrap them. It was only above the glovebox and around the light switch I did in place. The surround around the gear selector just pulls off. Open the ashtray lid and from that end reach under/behind the surround and pull upwards firmly but carefully, working your way to the front. The ashtray lid also clips off. Open ashtray, hold at approx 45 degrees, lift front edge and slide towards you.

Andy

Reactions: Iceash
Thanks Iceash,

I did take the ashtray lid and the surround out to wrap them. It was only above the glovebox and around the light switch I did in place. The surround around the gear selector just pulls off. Open the ashtray lid and from that end reach under/behind the surround and pull upwards firmly but carefully, working your way to the front. The ashtray lid also clips off. Open ashtray, hold at approx 45 degrees, lift front edge and slide towards you.

Andy

Thanks for the info, tempted to do the whole thing now! Mine is marked just like yours was. Around the gear stick area is scratched to buggery lol

Thanks S3 John and amar06fbr,

It's not that easy to do I must admit, just takes time and patience to get it just right.

Andy

Thanks for the info, tempted to do the whole thing now! Mine is marked just like yours was. Around the gear stick area is scratched to buggery lol

You will be able to do it trust me. Just take your time...no rushing. watch a few videos on youtube first to give you an idea. It's best to use a heat gun and/or hair dryer to help when stretching around the corners etc.

Andy

Reactions: Iceash