Carbon Trim Retrofit??

Simonwhite2000

840i GC
Reaction score
Have the aluminum trim inside but every time I see an S4/S5 with carbon on the interior I wish I had ticked that box.

Does anyone know if the parts are available to retrofit? I assume it is way more expensive than if ordered at production.

Or I wonder could the aluminum be wrapped and look half decent?

Any input welcome.

You can get the parts to retrofit but it will be more than £1000 just for the parts and then fitting extra.

The carbon wraps I have seen look ok from a distance and work well on exterior but oni twrior they do look flatter and imitation.

The genuine carbon trim had a lovely gloss to it which you would struggle to replicate with a wrap unless you then lacquered the wrap.

Agree with above. You can get some decent glossy fibre wrap, and if done professionally can look quite decent. I would worry about it lifting in places though, especially in this heat.

I had them fitted in mine, pretty sure the cost was £1200.

I managed to wangle mine because the Piano Black ones were scratched to pieces in months of owning the car, and they settled the difference for me. They do look so much better!

I might be selling my carbon trim as I might be changing the car, would be interested in the silver + cash if it suits you

New trims are quite easy to retrofit as a DIY. I’m thinking about it myself as my Piano Black ones are a riot after only a few months of ownership. Hardest part is the centre console as I believe it needs to come out to get.

EDIT: Looks like it’s just a screw under the rubber tray for where most folks keep their keep and then it clips out.

Doors are easy they just unclip. Not sure about the dash but if the design philosophy is the same as the B8, those pieces will just unclip too.

EDIT: Turns out there’s a couple of screws.

Last edited:
Worried about the piano black that will come with thw wifes new A4 now. Shes not the most careful!

New trims are quite easy to retrofit as a DIY. I’m thinking about it myself as my Piano Black ones are a riot after only a few months of ownership. Hardest part is the centre console as I believe it needs to come out to get.

EDIT: Looks like it’s just a screw under the rubber tray for where most folks keep their keep and then it clips out.

Doors are easy they just unclip. Not sure about the dash but if the design philosophy is the same as the B8, those pieces will just unclip too.

EDIT: Turns out there’s a couple of screws.
How to do it with a A4 https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/interior-mods-2921393/page4/ probably similar with the A5...