Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler A3 Saloon

David Lyon

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone fitted a Carbon Fibre rear spoiler to their A3 saloon and if so which one did you fit and are you happy with it?

I am looking at one for my A3 S Line Saloon which I have ordered this week in white with privacy glass so considering a carbon rear spoiler in order to set off the black / white contrast for the car.

There are quite a few available on ebay ranging from £150 - £300 for non OEM then £500+ for OEM, in this case I will be looking at non OEM but trying to find the best quality within the non OEM suppliers.

Any comments will be welcome,

Cheers

No is the answer to the query.

However, had a rear spoiler on an S40 T5 and this looked very good - and was actually needed.
It was quite an understated spoiler though - not like some of these Nutter jobs.

Not sure it would suit the A3 Saloon though ??

Your choice though, we'll all different thankfully.

Hi,

Has anyone fitted a Carbon Fibre rear spoiler to their A3 saloon and if so which one did you fit and are you happy with it?

I am looking at one for my A3 S Line Saloon which I have ordered this week in white with privacy glass so considering a carbon rear spoiler in order to set off the black / white contrast for the car.

There are quite a few available on ebay ranging from £150 - £300 for non OEM then £500+ for OEM, in this case I will be looking at non OEM but trying to find the best quality within the non OEM suppliers.

Any comments will be welcome,

Cheers
Yep, I went with the OEM one. Looks great especially with the mirror caps too against the glacier white colour. I have the OEM install manual if you want me to post up pics from that. Use the 08367 black 3M urethane seam sealer to stick it down and have plenty of paint cleaner and paper towels to clean all the goop off. There's not much surface area touching the car, so 3M vhb tape won't really work.
The mobile site is being a pain with photos so I'll upload a few in a bit.

Slightly off-topic, but I'd love to get carbon uprights for the roof spoiler on my SB.