Carbon fibre or BE plus mirror caps

TheFiftheElement

Reaction score
I've about 15 weeks to wait until my Ibis S4 saloon arrives :(

I'm not convinced that the chrome mirror caps, although an S trademark (along with the chrome slats on the grill) are what I want for the mirror caps. They are not distinctive enough against the white paint. I've ordered a Black Edition, as I'm also not keen on the chrome grill.

I didn't order the back pack on my current S3, as I weighed up what looked better against Sepang Blue, and the chrome trims around the window + the rear diffuser seemed to suit the S3 better with the spangly paint colour :D

My car has not been built yet, so I would ideally like to replace the chrome mirror caps, with either some carbon fibre ones, or I was wondering if the dealer would be able to ask to have the car built with the black caps from the BE+ A4 model.

The other alternative is to find someone with a regular A4 8.5 (black of course) who would like chrome caps and do a swap. I'm guessing the chrome caps are significantly more expensive than the normal ones.

Any ideas folks? Anyone asked to have black caps on a white car?

Have the chrome and have them wrapped, you can have any finish you like and when you sell it on back to chrome.

Reactions: TheFiftheElement
@Fctaff - that's a possibility, was hoping I could maybe either order them gloss black from the factory, or have a swap done without any cash outlay ..

I see your point but once done there is no going back. A wrap will be under £50 so that would be my preferred option. You can have any finish you like as a bonus.

I've about 15 weeks to wait until my Ibis S4 saloon arrives :(

I'm not convinced that the chrome mirror caps, although an S trademark (along with the chrome slats on the grill) are what I want for the mirror caps. They are not distinctive enough against the white paint. I've ordered a Black Edition, as I'm also not keen on the chrome grill.

I didn't order the back pack on my current S3, as I weighed up what looked better against Sepang Blue, and the chrome trims around the window + the rear diffuser seemed to suit the S3 better with the spangly paint colour :D

My car has not been built yet, so I would ideally like to replace the chrome mirror caps, with either some carbon fibre ones, or I was wondering if the dealer would be able to ask to have the car built with the black caps from the BE+ A4 model.

The other alternative is to find someone with a regular A4 8.5 (black of course) who would like chrome caps and do a swap. I'm guessing the chrome caps are significantly more expensive than the normal ones.

Any ideas folks? Anyone asked to have black caps on a white car?

Not crome,never been crome, they are a matt Alu, if they are shiny then the owner has had a polish at some pint, they are acid etched Alu at the factory.

Current S models are sadly an Alu coated plastic which I have only just found out which is a shame, RS cars are still solid Alu.

Current S3 has alu-effect plastic, and IMO they look cheap and nasty. Body color ones will be going on my S4, if it ever arrives.