Carbon fibre mirror covers

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I’m contemplating swapping out the S4 trademark matt aluminium effect mirror covers for some carbon fibre ones. The internet is awash with many options to choose from, but before picking what seem like the best, is there anyone out there who’s done it and has a recommendation?

@Tashfeen , am I right in thinking you were looking at doing this last year?

Hi @jdp1962, I was and still am interested but couldn't find a good deal. I was really interested in the ones below (currently out of stock) and asked around for opinions and reviews but no luck.

http://www.raywelldesign.com/shop/carbon-fibre-mirror-covers-a4-s4-rs4-b8/

Another problem was my ECS CF rear diffuser and after looking closely at the CF pattern on these covers they appeared a bit different to it.

I also called Audi to find out if they did one for S4/5s but the answer was no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdp1962
It’s probably cheaper to find covers on eBay, but if you could get a second hand OEM set (wouldn’t have to be ally S4) you could get them hydro dipped in carbon.
I have a spare set for my B9 and looked into hydro diping to help sell them.

Reactions: scotty76
Carbons over rated lol i work with it every day, Im a composite laminator/composite fitter, F1 parts granted but its all the same old black rubbish none the less.

Buy wisely, ebay is awash with import chinese rubbish thats priced & sold as "fully" carbon but its mostly black fiberglass with a single ply of carbon ontop. And usually badly fitting too lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chipmunk73 and DieselJake
Carbons over rated lol i work with it every day, Im a composite laminator/composite fitter, F1 parts granted but its all the same old black rubbish none the less.

Buy wisely, ebay is awash with import chinese rubbish thats priced & sold as "fully" carbon but its mostly black fiberglass with a single ply of carbon ontop. And usually badly fitting too lol

Bit off topic but any idea where I can get some b6/b7 carbon bits, been trying for a very long time but only stuff I can find is pretty much eBay spec as you say, looking for a b7 bonnet, b6 boot and if it's a custom jobbie maybe even b6/b7 merged wings (copies of mine) and b6 or b7 roof.

I been looking for front splitter and rear boot lip black or carbon but its a minefield out there. Sent 2 lots bootlip back n dont wanna take a chance on huge parcel like a front splitter as i never get the return postage back. These are pics of ecs tuning splitter n bootlip .. anyone know a trusted uk supplier??:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180506-221714.png
    Screenshot_20180506-221714.png
    431.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20180506-221709.png
    Screenshot_20180506-221709.png
    813.9 KB · Views: 90
Mine are carbon ebay jobies, from this country rather than China though, perfect fit bar 1 little bit where there was a slight drip of clear/gel coat on a corner, just took it off with a Stanley and been on there for around 18 months now

I been looking for front splitter and rear boot lip black or carbon but its a minefield out there. Sent 2 lots bootlip back n dont wanna take a chance on huge parcel like a front splitter as i never get the return postage back. These are pics of ecs tuning splitter n bootlip .. anyone know a trusted uk supplier??:)

Awesome GTI are UK suppliers for ECS tuning parts, had a few bits from them

Reactions: Chipmunk73
These are the possible eBay options I’m looking at so far.

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 1 & 2 seem to be good quality and both sellers have good reviews. Also, if you check their 'other items' they both seem to be doing good.

You can also check with Robbie as if I recall it correctly he got them carbon dipped from somewhere and he was quite happy with them (@Russboy beat me to it and bought Robbie’s CF covers )