Carbon Fibre lovelyness (well 3M's Di-Noc actually)

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Ordered this suff a while ago but unsure seeing as it's still vinyl. Wow is all I can say, very impressed indeed.

Before
Old.jpg

Interior.jpg

After
New1.jpg

Dash.jpg

PICT1139.jpg

Got a bit left over but didn't want to go mad as it might spoil the effect.

Comments welcome

Thats superb :icon_thumright:

The only thing I'm slightly embarrased about is I kind of *shuffles feet* lost the front section of the handbrake handle. Might go and try and get the handbrake handle and console of the facelift B5 at the scrappies on Friday

How much was the Di-noc stuff and where did you get it from?

Curiousity got the better of me and I've just sourced some from ebay. 600mm x 1200mm is on its way to me. Got a few little bits I want to do on my car (b posts, mirrors and a couple of bits of trim).

How did you get on fitting it, any top tips?

Pinch your wifes hairdrier to heat the vinyl as it makes it loads easier to work with. Also ensure the pieces are clean and dry before starting. I sourced it through a friend who has as friend in the trade.

I've got a heat gun so I'll give it a go with that :)

I'll get some better pics tomorrow when its light.

did my grill surround and b posts. Wont be doing any more on the outside as I like things subtle :)

Where can you buy this stuff from and does it come in different colour options?
How easy is it to fit - does it crease easy when you are trying to apply it to curved areas?

I got it through a mate but you can obtain it from a lot of vinyl places. E-Bay has a few people that do it.

Applying it is reasonably easy as long as you don't rush it, clean and dry th eparts carefully and warm the vinyl with your wifes hairdryer, to make it more pliable (unless you have long girlie hair like me in which case use your own hairdrier, lol).

I'm not aware o it being available in any other colours .

HTH