Carbon Fiber Interior Trimming Sedan/SB Update, Final Call & Reconfirm PLS!

larbel

Reaction score
As per the interest check thread http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...arbon-fiber-interior-trimmings-for-8v.280483/

I got the test sample today and tested fitted them on my car, really happy with the fitment and the first custom RHD version is born :grimacing: I gave the go ahead on production, the final product should be available in about two weeks ready to ship.

To recap:

1) Sedan / Sportback only (Facelift ok as well).
2) Natural glossy color.
3) I'll direct ship them individually to everyone.
4) Total price: US$161/7 pieces set + approx. US$40 to UK and US$25 to Aust by EMS Speedpost + 4% PayPal
5) Should be available to ship within two weeks (mid-Sept).

Everyone who signed up, please help and reconfirm here as it has been a while and not sure how many of you still want this... And I'll PM PayPal info when they're ready to ship.

1) Larbel - Confirmed
2) batch
3) silverpig
4) Bradks3
5) Lightspeed998
6) Lenny151
7) Shawn8V
8) FluffmeisterAU
9) SJ43
10) allanmb
11) m3vhf
12) CJS4
13) Aoon_M

How do you link user anyway???

Don't think you can tell, but this is the fitting set I got today, but it's raw unfinished CF, no glossy top coat.
IMG 0296

IMG 0297

IMG 0310
IMG 0313

IMG 0315
IMG 0316
IMG 0306
IMG 0307

IMG 0308

IMG 0302

IMG 0303

IMG 0304
IMG 0305

Reactions: Scottyg, Brasso and Simon L
1) Larbel - Confirmed
2) batch
3) silverpig
4) Bradks3
5) Lightspeed998 - Confirmed
6) Lenny151
7) Shawn8V - Confirmed
8) FluffmeisterAU
9) SJ43
10) allanmb
11) m3vhf
12) CJS4
13) Aoon_M

Thanks guys! Everyone on the list, please help confirm or remove your name please..

I am trying to find out if these will work with the brushed aluminium - light inlays.

Do you know if they will?

Reactions: weymouthfox
I am trying to find out if these will work with the brushed aluminium - light inlays.

Do you know if they will?
I guess It will need to have a small cut out all the way along the bottom for the light to shine through?

I guess It will need to have a small cut out all the way along the bottom for the light to shine through?

Yeah, pretty sure you'll need to file down along the bottom, or if you have the exact dimensions of the cut out, I could try asking the factory to file it down for you. Do you have the new inlays in hand already????

Yeah, pretty sure you'll need to file down along the bottom, or if you have the exact dimensions of the cut out, I could try asking the factory to file it down for you. Do you have the new inlays in hand already????

No, I don't even have the car yet!
Would be great if the factory could do it, I will try to find dimensions.

Please could you take some more pictures of the interface between the front row of buttons (Drive select, stop/start etc) and the Carbon fibre dash trim?

Is a smooth transition between the carbon fibre and the metal surrounding? Just wouldn't want it to be an eye-sore thats all.

Thanks

img_0307-jpg.102028

Please could you take some more pictures of the interface between the front row of buttons (Drive select, stop/start etc) and the Carbon fibre dash trim?

Is a smooth transition between the carbon fibre and the metal surrounding? Just wouldn't want it to be an eye-sore thats all.

Thanks

Here you go, and remember these are hi-res pictures under flash from different angles. The little white stuffs at the seam are the reflection of the scratches, remember these samples are unpolished and uncoated, they're full of scratches especially along the edges, click on the image for full size... And they are NOT affixed onto my car so they are a little loose, I have no idea how hard it would be to peel them off so I would rather not stick the sample on my car just for pic.. The flash make them look worst, but in real life, they're pretty much flush and you can't even tell by much even if you run your finger along it. On top of that, the backing of the 3M sticker in there added to the thickness too.

IMG 9531
IMG 9533
IMG 9536
IMG 9537
IMG 9538
IMG 9539
IMG 9540
IMG 9541
IMG 9542
IMG 9547

If you add @ before typing in their username everyone will get a message that they are on the list.

For example @larbel

Reactions: larbel
Thanks for that @larbel , just don't want an eye-sore of an edge which sticks out like a sore thumb, once theyre polished up like you said hopefully shouldn't be a problem.

Have you considered putting this group buy on the RS3 forum also? I think someone mentioned that there was a few bodies interested over there too.

Thanks for that @larbel , just don't want an eye-sore of an edge which sticks out like a sore thumb, once theyre polished up like you said hopefully shouldn't be a problem.

Have you considered putting this group buy on the RS3 forum also? I think someone mentioned that there was a few bodies interested over there too.

Don't worry, I'm pretty picky myself and I won't be pushing something that I don't even want myself haha. This one is a better representation of how it look in real life, the flash really catches the reflection of the scratches, and after polishing and the clear coat, it will be much better.

IMG 9538

And isn't carbon fiber trim came standard on all RS3?? At least it is over here... But ok, I'll make a post there just in case, thanks!

Hi @larbel please add me to the list for these. Very smart.

1) @larbel - Confirmed
2) @batch
3) @Daytonapig
4) @Bradks3
5) @Lightspeed998 - Confirmed
6) @lenny151
7) @Shawn8V - Confirmed
8) @Fluffmeister AU
9) @SJ43 - Confirmed
10) @allanmb
11) @m3vhf
12) @CJS4
13) @Aoon_M
14) @JerseyBrian - Confirmed
15) @ac2003 - Confirmed

@paradigital Depends on PayPal's exchange rate, the vendor charges me in USD so nothing I could do about that, and PayPal usually has pretty bad rate so expect a little more... To UK the total with shipping and PayPal 4% is US$209.04, so roughly GBP155.68 and with PayPal's bad rate, I would say maybe GBP160 or so?

@larbel Do you know if we have to pay any customs/import fees? Or can they be marked as gifts/samples?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@larbel Do you know if we have to pay any customs/import fees? Or can they be marked as gifts/samples?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically, they ARE samples since we're only making 30 sets, so yeah, I can mark them as samples :grimacing:

Reactions: Audi Toby
Count me in, Is it too late to change the weave direction on the dash bits? :(

Carbon pack isn't standard on the RS3 at all btw

I've shared this around for you so you should have some more interest.

Here is a pic of genuine trim

When OCD kicks in lol..

IMG_6250.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in as well thanks to Aoon !! Let me know when and how to pay and stuff. Cheers

Please add me to the list as well.

Black carbon / Sportback (RS3)

Cheers

Rich

Hi!

I'd be interested in a set of these also!

Thanks,

Rory

Count me in, Is it too late to change the weave direction on the dash bits? :(

Carbon pack isn't standard on the RS3 at all btw

I've shared this around for you so you should have some more interest.

Here is a pic of genuine trim

When OCD kicks in lol..

IMG_6250.jpg

Hmm... Just speak to the vendor, the weave pattern is limited by the tooling, if we insist on following the RS3 pattern, the cost would be much much higher and they've already cut all the materials too so it IS too late... Sorry about that... And thanks for spreading the words around!!

1) @larbel - Confirmed
2) @batch
3) @Daytonapig
4) @Bradks3
5) @Lightspeed998 - Confirmed
6) @lenny151
7) @Shawn8V - Confirmed
8) @Fluffmeister AU
9) @SJ43 - Confirmed
10) @allanmb
11) @m3vhf
12) @CJS4
13) @Aoon_M - Confirmed
14) @JerseyBrian - Confirmed
15) @ac2003 - Confirmed
16) @_Conrad_ - Confirmed
17) @r500frs - Confirmed
18) @Rory Welch - Confirmed

@m3vhf would you like to confirm too?

Last edited:
Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
When do we pay bud will you pm us?

It should be done by end of next week I hope, once I inspect them and they're ready to go, I'll send PM and PayPal info :laughing:

Reactions: batch, SJ43 and Spaceman_RS3
Can't wait, looking forward to getting them! :wink:

Reactions: Aoon_M
I'm still in for this!! Sorry, I've not been online for a few days