1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Carbon Fiber Interior Trimming Sedan/SB Update, Final Call & Reconfirm PLS!

larbel Sep 3, 2016

1. zippster

zippster Registered User

WE NEED A 3 DOOR VERSION!!! :):):) im sure you'd sell LOTS !!

MKC likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. larbel

larbel Registered User

O
    Only like 5 people signed up when I was trying to offer it, need at least 30...

4. zippster

zippster Registered User

going thru the thread there was more people asking, but agree not 30 :( its a shame.. im sure based on the price of the 5 door the 3 door people would be prepared to subsidize ( i know i would to a degree!)

like anything, im sure once they were available more and more people would have the desire to purchase.. i know a few of my friends colleges who dont use forums would purchase if they saw them on my car..

frustrating and a shame really as the 3 door would require less pieces (dash and front doors) but appears to be the holy grail..

remember you cannot buy this anywhere else so you would have cornered the market :)

MKC likes this.
  5. larbel

larbel Registered User

Apparently, signing up and even confirming means nothing to some... I would really hesitate now to fund everything up front just based on pure trust...

Again, if you REALLY REALLY do want it, get a 2nd hand set (just the two doors) from eBay or something, and I could have it custom CF, it could work out about to be the same price I think...

zippster likes this.
  6. zippster

zippster Registered User

Hey larbel I REALLY REALLY want to do it !

However finding the door trims seem to be the impossible task.. cannot find on eBay for love nor money.. I assume they are longer than the SB doors?

MKC likes this.
  7. larbel

larbel Registered User

Yeah, they're longer. I seen them on eBay before, try eBay Germany too...

8. A.ShawnS3

A.ShawnS3 Registered User

Any more sets left for the 4dr if so can you PM me the info so I can't get a set of you. Thanks

9. zippster

zippster Registered User

nope FTLOG i cannot find some :(:(:(

10. Hondafanatic

Hondafanatic Registered User

I'd like a set too please...can make payment straight away. :)

11. dansport16v

dansport16v Registered User

Hey Larbel, I would be interested in a set for the Sportback please, I assume it's all 4 door trims and the 3 dash trim pieces too? Let me know the Paypal address and I will send payment.

Has anyone actually fitted this with the stickers in place to see alignment? I have aluminium trim so it will be obvious if these trims do not fit perfectly...

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. WoodyRS

WoodyRS Registered User

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Over the top of alu trim:)

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Rob2k68 likes this.
  14. dansport16v

Woody those look spafftastic! Really want a set now, hopefully @larbel will come back to me...

15. dansport16v

Hi all, just an update for anyone looking to purchase these - Larry was great and posted them out very well packaged and very quickly.

They were easy to install and look really good. No gaps around the edges which I was worried about, and worst case I can use some adhesive in the future if any pieced work their way loose.

The carbon looks very good and has a nice deep gloss. Being honest there are some imperfections, the laquer has tiny holes in places, and some chips around the edges but these don't show when fitted. There are also some lumps in the laquer, but overall it's very good. It's not at Audi OEM standards but it is a tenth of the cost.

Makes a really big difference in my opinion and really lifts the interior! Especially alongside the supersport seats. I will get some decent photos when I get a chance in the daylight at some point.

Thanks again @larbel !

SJ43, Rob2k68, batch and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ross-s3

Ross-s3 Registered User

Are these available anywhere still?
    Ross

17. larbel

larbel Registered User

These are one off and are now long gone, sorry...

18. VIPERITE

VIPERITE Registered User

Want some myself, after a quick search found similar from winnautosports in the states, can't link with low use profile.

19. LouiseS3

LouiseS3 Registered User

:thumbs up:Could you put @LouiseS3 down for a set please, thank you

20. re2500

re2500 Registered User

Any chance of a re-run of these?

Leevr likes this.
  21. Leevr

Leevr Registered User

Would put my name in the hat if something could be sorted

22. Henda

Henda Registered User

Yeah i would interested in a set of these for my A3 saloon.

23. almostgfx

almostgfx Registered User

Any chance of getting this up and going again?

24. larbel

larbel Registered User

Guys.. This thread is almost 3 years old!!! I have the tool yes, but will need at least THIRTY sets before the vendor will do another run, unless someone want to take them all up and resell them on their own, NO WAY am I putting money in given how I had to beg people to honor their order the last time...

25. Leevr

Leevr Registered User

Is it worth your time to start a new thread. Gets it highlighted to new potential customers, as not everyone will be looking at this thread. Just an idea. I'd be one to pay upfront definitely.

26. almostgfx

Wonder if someone would be willing to pick this up for another bunch or orders on your behalf seeing as you had problems with people paying up. I’d be interested in purchasing a set too if they came up again

27. larbel

larbel Registered User

You guys have no idea how much trouble I had to go through to get rid all of the sets the last run, I have no interest of doing that all over again.. No way in hell will I start another thread to stir it up again, but will see what I can do... Will PM you guys if anything...

28. zippster

zippster Registered User

well id be down for a set for a saloon RS3.. (I've changed my car twice since this thread started :))

29. almostgfx

I did something similar for an abarth group awhile ago so i feel what you went through dude!
    However if these did pop up again or someone was able to sort something out I would also be in for a set..
    If the original place has the means to make them now though shouldnt the cost be cheaper to just replicate as he wouldnt have to remap them to RHD?

30. Bradks3

Bradks3 Registered User

I had a set first time round, thanks very much for that Larbel I would also be in for a second set...

31. larbel

larbel Registered User

Ooook… I won't make another thread for this, so if you see this, you see this... I have limited sets available due to a local reorder, they'll be ready to ship end of the week. Price is the same at GBP160 + 4% PayPal, shipped by EMS to UK... RHD sedan or sportback only! PM me, first come first serve and while supply lasts. Please don't ask me again after this...

almostgfx, Leevr and zippster like this.
  32. zippster

zippster Registered User

PM'd

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Leevr

Leevr Registered User

PM'd

35. almostgfx

36. Djpfrozenp

Djpfrozenp #RS3

PM’d

37. James Barber

James Barber Registered User

38. larbel

larbel Registered User

They're now all spoken for, that's it and thanks guys!

zippster and Leevr like this.
  39. larbel

larbel Registered User

All shipped guys! I have ONE LAST SET available! PM in you want it!

Leevr and zippster like this.
  40. zippster

zippster Registered User

Thanks larbel,where are they shipped from so I have an ideal for delivery times? Thanks again for this!

41. larbel

larbel Registered User

Last set spoken for, thanks all!

42. Leevr

Leevr Registered User

That didn't take long. Thanks again for going through the hassle of re ordering for us chosen few.

Sandra likes this.
  43. mve7

mve7 Registered User

****. I'm to late? :'( everything sold?