Carbon door trims

jameo84

Reaction score
0LKDFUpi3GZq8nksMwXu.jpg

B2D7KMbqSR9TwlIoyQmn.jpg

M5rdvRhjcTBLp7HC4A9g.jpg

What do you think im sure they vinyl wrapped but i think the look quite good open to opinions tho.

yeah i like them alot but they do look wrapped! Not that thats a problem though, very few cars have genuine carbon trim

hmm i like them, looks like a good job if they have been wrapped, suppose it would be a nice subtle mod cost or source?

They look good. Would have to see them fitted though, any chance?

They were on ebay.de but the listing ended early at 105euros. it turns out they were done using a water transfer then coated in some type of protective gloss. i think the process is like that of the old sticker kits that you got with your tamiya rc car, or di cast model but on a bigger scale and the carbon film wraps round easily when wet. anyone know more about this?

look at the link that i posted they go through the process of skinning them

some of them look good others ott. i do like the 299 cframes tho. these were all done using 3m style sticky back vinyl tho.

i suppos you could have a couple of expensive practice runs, but then once you got it down its a nice little way to earn cash and beers off of mates

Cant seen to find the water transfer film for sale yet. only wholesale from china.

I got a set of wooden effect trims to do this, just awaiting my mate Tom to hook me up with the damn stuff to do the job, reminds me where is the little *****, lol.

I'm definatly buying some from the bay, maybe just shiny black and make my own piano black trim. Not too sure what looks nicer piano black or carbon !

Looks good from the pictures but I wonder how nice it would go with the car. My mate has some on his R32 and that matches his bonnect ok but i'm between minds for the Audi. Hopefully they don't end up looking OTT.

Looks good from the pictures but I wonder how nice it would go with the car. My mate has some on his R32 and that matches his bonnect ok but i'm between minds for the Audi. Hopefully they don't end up looking OTT.

Can't see why they'd look OTT. I always liked the carbon trim in my S4.

let me know if you get anywhere id consider transforming a set ive got lying around into carbon look ones

I like them. Not enough to change from my brushed metal trims but would seriously look at this if I had the piano black/wood effect inlays.

I've often thought the B pillars would look good covered in this stuff.

its easy to do your self - i did most of my currant mini cooper s

if you fancy doing it yourself in REAL carbon go to http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/

im picking up my 2.0tdi next week and will get on to covering parts in carbon!

I must be getting old or something as I like the Audi to seem more exec. On the other hand I would like to see them in the car as they may look good! As I said, i'm between minds myself >.<

Do you have any pictures of yours? I'd like to see how they look :)

I'm definatly buying some from the bay, maybe just shiny black and make my own piano black trim. Not too sure what looks nicer piano black or carbon !

Nah mate piano black will cost the earth, however the wooden effect ones are dirt cheap. & do the same job.

Yeah I'd agree no worse than others, I reckon if done properly they'd be good.

let me know if you get anywhere id consider transforming a set ive got lying around into carbon look ones

When TAC gets me the kit then I will mate.

its easy to do your self - i did most of my currant mini cooper s

if you fancy doing it yourself in REAL carbon go to http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/

Yeah think thats a site I looked at, seems fairly straight forward tbh, like painting a car & lacquering huh, elbow grease is all thats needed.

yeah ive got a kit in myebay for watching, next month i think spent this months modding funds

Love the carbon look it look's great there was some stuff from chine that was real weeve coated and look's the business but you can only buy it in roll's i was looking at doing all this myself if i was keeping my car that is but i think it look's better than anything off audi ..

I also get the osir A frames and mirrors and door post,s to ..