Carbon Collective

Joe4842

Reaction score
anyone coated there car in carbon collective ceramic coating/sealants? Im thinking of doing mine however it would be nice to see what people think of them, can get the full kit for 110 quid or with their new oracle coating for about 150, (to protect all external parts of the car)

has anybody used it, does it compare to the likes of G-TechniQ? I know they are meant to be the dogs but that stuff aint cheap. I would want to do it all myself so would be spending a couple days on it.

I use their Hybrid coating. I also have the platinum wheel and glass coatings, but I found using hybrid on its own is enough for me and doesn't take as long for general cleaning.

I can't compare it to anything else tho, I use other brands to do everything else when washing my car.

Last edited:
Reactions: h1r4
Mine has Carbon Collective Platinum Paint on it, it’s good value for money and easier to apply than most. Has given me almost two years of service before it’s now needing another go. I took a day to completely decontaminate, correct and clean the car and then this was applied in less than two hours! Make sure you have indoor space to make it as easy/durable as possible and take your time, working with a perfect base.
Have Platinum wheels as well but can’t really give a verdict on that as A) I clean the wheels so often they wouldn’t really get a chance to get contaminated and B) thanks to Mrs B two have already been refurbished!

Reactions: scotty76 and Joe4842
Mine has Carbon Collective Platinum Paint on it, it’s good value for money and easier to apply than most. Has given me almost two years of service before it’s now needing another go. I took a day to completely decontaminate, correct and clean the car and then this was applied in less than two hours! Make sure you have indoor space to make it as easy/durable as possible and take your time, working with a perfect base.
Have Platinum wheels as well but can’t really give a verdict on that as A) I clean the wheels so often they wouldn’t really get a chance to get contaminated and B) thanks to Mrs B two have already been refurbished!

Hi mate, thanks for your input! when you say decontaminate and correct, what are the stages you take?

I usually just go over with a normal wash, then clay bar, then wash again then dry. looking at it they want you to have no polish or wax on the paint prior to applying the coatings

Hi mate, thanks for your input! when you say decontaminate and correct, what are the stages you take?

I usually just go over with a normal wash, then clay bar, then wash again then dry. looking at it they want you to have no polish or wax on the paint prior to applying the coatings
Normal wash - snow foam, dwell, rinse, wash with shampoo, rinse, rough dry...
Then Iron-X or similar and rinse (make sure you do this part thoroughly)
Then clay bar/mitt/pad (whatever you prefer) then wash again.
Then machine correction (I’ve got a DAS6) to as much as you need/are brave enough to go!
Then off you go.

Normal wash - snow foam, dwell, rinse, wash with shampoo, rinse, rough dry...
Then Iron-X or similar and rinse (make sure you do this part thoroughly)
Then clay bar/mitt/pad (whatever you prefer) then wash again.
Then machine correction (I’ve got a DAS6) to as much as you need/are brave enough to go!
Then off you go.
does that correction not involve putting polish on though? I thought the ceramic coat provides the high gloss look? I do everything there apart from the machine polish at the end essentially, do you just apply the iron x all over the body work?

does that correction not involve putting polish on though? I thought the ceramic coat provides the high gloss look? I do everything there apart from the machine polish at the end essentially, do you just apply the iron x all over the body work?
The machine polish IS the correction, you need to make the paintwork as perfect as you can before you apply the coat. Imagine if you will, applying the CC over hazy, scratched, swirly paint - that’s what you’ll be protecting so it will bead wonderfully and be shiny and repel dirt blah blah but will still look rough under direct light.
I use Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller for iron removal, just puff it liberally all over the car, especially lower section, rear and wheels, leave it as long as you can (out of direct light) and then jetwash off. You may want to do it twice, and some parts can be mildly agitated with a soft brush ie wheels/side skirts.

I put the platinum paint, glass and wheels on my car, now follow up with hybrid every few washes. I thought it was really straight forward to apply, but making sure use there panel prep to get all the excess polish off first, to get a good base to apply the platinum paint, also found the application kit helped rather than just the little round pads

Reactions: batch
This lovely VW Jetta is coated with oracle, the car is wrapped but the owner wanted it coated with oracle

Attachments

• 21768170_753128804871559_2574616681000763244_n.jpg
    21768170_753128804871559_2574616681000763244_n.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 22046645_753128988204874_9097838338023129946_n.jpg
    22046645_753128988204874_9097838338023129946_n.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 309
  • 21768369_753128871538219_6762282257547707522_n.jpg
    21768369_753128871538219_6762282257547707522_n.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 343
The machine polish IS the correction, you need to make the paintwork as perfect as you can before you apply the coat. Imagine if you will, applying the CC over hazy, scratched, swirly paint - that’s what you’ll be protecting so it will bead wonderfully and be shiny and repel dirt blah blah but will still look rough under direct light.
I use Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller for iron removal, just puff it liberally all over the car, especially lower section, rear and wheels, leave it as long as you can (out of direct light) and then jetwash off. You may want to do it twice, and some parts can be mildly agitated with a soft brush ie wheels/side skirts.
I don't own a DA, would I be okay just to use like a normal polish to get the paint looking good, (then I need to remove the polish using the panel prep before I put the sealant on don't I?)

This lovely VW Jetta is coated with oracle, the car is wrapped but the owner wanted it coated with oracle
how odes oracle effect matte/satin wraps? I have a matte black roof wrap so don't wanna ruin the appearance of it

Nathan top man @ kowalskidetails sells CC, top products.

Nathan top man @ kowalskidetails sells CC, top products.
cheers mate, ive ordered it and its arriving today, I was just after a bit of advice with regards to applying it all if anyone can help? :)

I used 9H ceramic polish from https://colorndrive.com/gb/ceramic-coating its brilliant, even on the wheels & windows, dont need ur wipers over 50mph & literally use a garden hose to wash the car & all the dirt falls off :rockwoot:
Its been years since this thread, but I hope you see this. Is the coat still good? Its rated 5 years, is it still protecting the car?