Carbon canister or no carbon canister

Mike1.8t

Reaction score
i know it's probably been discussed before but what do you guys think, carbon canister/fuel evap delete or just leave it as is, got rid of mine in my golf but not sure whether to or not in my agu

For such a simple job id remove it for the sake of unnecessary weight.

I only had a small split in a hose to my canister and it really smelt of fuel badly.

I've deleted mine it doesn't do many thing or didn't for me can't notice no fuel smell as it smells rich anyway lol if there was a way to block it off I've just put a nut in the pipe for now and hidden it in the side of the arch, pikey yes I am lol

You realise you've blocked the tank breather ? I assume you've left the solenoid attached too or adaptions will not work on your ecu

Yeah left the solenoid in place and down the arch clipped to the side was only yesterday I blocked it off as previously was left open and down the arch still, doesn't seem to have done much

Its blocked the tank vent though dude... without this the tank has no breather and so air can't get in as fuel gets out with in extreme cases can lead to the tank collapsing in and fuel delivery issues...

Generally speaking just venting down into the inner arch is enough to ensure the smell doesn't get into the car but it will still be there if outside of course...

The only way to get rid of the smell is to reinstate the EVAP

<tuffty/>

I literally took the but out as I read this this morning as I wasn't thinking of problems it would cause lol, I'll keep it in the arch for now if I smell fuel I'll bring it back in or get a longer Hose and feed it to the bottom of the arch aiming under the car

No fuel actually passes through the canister does it? Just fuel vapour?

Was just checking. Was arguing with some d*** on Facebook last night that was making me question my sanity haha.

Reactions: Essexman, A3-Lee and Mrharris2