Carbon brake cooling modification

Phenyl85

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanted to show you what I've recently developed. I hear a lot of stories of people with an RS3 and TTRS that they have problems with their breaks (mainly vibrating after not so many miles). That's why I've made an carbon air scoop to provide the brakes with more air so they will be cooled better.

Today I noticed that the RS4 has exactly the same NACA ducts below the car to supply the brakes with cool air as the TTRS does.

Here you see what I mean
08fba17f4f.jpg

In the pictures below you can see what I made.
The product is 1mm thick and 15mm in height so that there will be no issues with lowered cars and speed bumps. The shape is from wide to small which creates a vortex effect forcing even more air going to the brakes.

7s2mLv8.jpg

tbMyQDn.jpg

wEu7bxi.jpg

Ztuhx5c.jpg

s8MNyZL.jpg

LZwL20a.jpg

sW6Juyx.jpg

091251afb1.png

Later on a test was done with and without cooling.

The right front wheel had a carbon air scoop and the left front wheel didn't.
Two times a emergency brake test was done from 150 km/h to 10 km/h then the car was brought up to 130km/h and for 4 times the car was slowed down to 80km/h in a short period of time.
After this the car was driven for a short while after which the brake temperature was measured.

Conclusion: improvement of 23,6%.

Abovementioned taken into account that the right front rotor will always be hotter as the left one as Audi only produced one kind of rotor (for left and right) so actually the right rotor is going in the wrong direction.

xuLzXSj.png

In the picture itself the values are in Fahrenheit.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruairi83, weekenny and NHN
Yes, actually already a couple of people ordered it here :) they are 60 Euro for a set.
If you sent your shipping details via pm then I can calculate the shipping cost.

Mark