1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

car wont start!

future Dec 10, 2012

1. future

future Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001

had a search on this and cant find anything similar :/ parked my car up last night as usual, went to drive in it today about 11 and it wont start.
    The engine turns over but wont fire! its got petrol in it (although quite a small amount) and its getting to the fuel rail. No loose pipes/connectors/wiring and the battery is charged.
    Has anyone got any clues to what this could be? i dont have a vagcom cable with me at uni so cant scan it unless someone lives in brighton?

cheers for your help!!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. smiler2012

smiler2012 Registered User

You need to check you've got spark first? If not could be an immobiliser fault or something?

4. audi-a6

audi-a6 Registered User

siily, but i just had a similar problem. Turned out to be the temp sensor, unplug it and try it......

5. future

future Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001

thanks for the replies guys! did think it could be the temp sender, will see if i can get one tomorrow from eco and try it. spark checked and all there.

6. audi-a6

audi-a6 Registered User

just unplug the sensor and try

7. audi-a6

audi-a6 Registered User

o and if you buy one, make sure it an oe one not copy as thats the mistake i made...