Car wont start

Wilts

Reaction score
Hello guys when i go to start car i turn it over and it starts then goes of after a second or so, it does this 4-5 times then starts could it be fuel pump if so how hard or expensive is it? Many thanks!!

Sounds like immobiliser kicking in... does a key shaped light flash up on the dash?

<tuffty/>

If just tried it 3 times in 30mins and starting fine now but will have to check above

Could be that the battery just needs changing on the key... a scan with VCDS would show an engine start blocked by immobiliser fault code typically if the immo was kicking in

<tuffty/>

Could be that the battery just needs changing on the key...
<tuffty/>

Tufty, changing the battery on the key wont affect the immobiliser as the chip in the key relating to the immo doesnt use any battery power, it is energised by the ring in the steering column.

The battery in the key is purely for the remote function for the central locking. :)

How can i get a code reader or does any1 around torbay area hook my car up pleeeease!!

Hello guys when i go to start car i turn it over and it starts then goes of after a second or so, it does this 4-5 times then starts could it be fuel pump if so how hard or expensive is it? Many thanks!!

The most common cause is going to be your battery!

The most common cause is going to be your battery!

Ill say again folks ..... the battery in the key does not have anything to do with your immobiliser ! you could remove it comepletely and the car will still start off the key ! All the battery is for is the remote central locking.