car wont start?

brownie 25

Reaction score
any help would be grate.
i changed the engine about a month ago in my 2001 a4 1.9tdi,started first time every time up untill 2 days ago.it started playing up sun night ,it took about 5/10 goes of cranking before it started.next day same thing again but when i turned it off wouldn't start again,got a tow and it started but runs a bit rough then turn it off again and wont start with the key but will if i get a tow.
getting it scanned Thursday but would like to know what to expect.

Does sound like a fuel issue, are you saying it just cranks over but won't fire? Yet on a bump start will fire instantly?

my neighbour just brought a mondeo of ebay similar issues, wouldnt start properly of key if you towed it would just about tick over whilst flat out changed the fuel and bingo it runs mint just a option if the fuel been topped up recently from a poor station

yes james it cranks over and over but will not start but if i tow it 20feet it fires up.as for fuel i normally use one of too stations and had no issue b4.it did run very low b4 i topped up, could that of brought dirt from the tank and be causing a blockage ?

worth taking the filter off 1. to see if you have fuel pressue and 2. see if its clean and free of water etc.....

changed the filter today and it still will not start, there is fuel coming through it but i don't know if there should be more pressure behind it.the lad that is doing the scan cant even look at it till mid next week.i can get my hands on a fuel pump but is it worth changing it if there is fuel coming to the filter as it is

any one ever changed a fuel pump on a b6,tried to get it out today and its like trying to put a square peg into a round hole.

If i don't get this sorted i think ime buying a bmw,got the car checked today and what came back was high pressure pump was on its last legs so went and got another pump fitted it and guess what still wont start,runs like crap and has no power what so ever.