Car won't start

tiptonjuk

Reaction score
My mate has a B7 a4 170 TDI (PD) that won't start.
Yesterday he has travelling down the motorway and the car just dies on him. The AA came out, poked a round a little, cleared the computer and it started.

He has parked the car over night, and this morning it won't start. It will turn over, but it just won't catch. I've just been to have a look and these are my findings.

-All the fuses are fine.
-The fuel pump primes.
-When you 1st turn the ignition there is no glow plug light, but after letting the engine crank for a few seconds it will start to flash and continue flashing until you turn the ignition off.
-I disconnected the MAF and the engine started, so I stopped the engine reconnected the MAF, it started again and then 30 sends later dies again. I've tried disconnecting the MAF again with no luck.
-I've read on here that there is a temprature sensor that could be causing this issue, but I couldn't locate it.

The car has just had it's 3rd service (AVS) and they did replace the fuel filter, but all the pipes look as if they are fine

Has anyone got any suggestions before we try and get it to the stealers?

It could be an injector, there has been a couple of reports of them failing on 170's.