Car won't start. I am now sad.

KR15

Reaction score
Hi,

Got in the car this morning and tried starting it. Starts to tick over but then stops. I thought it would be the battery but after much searching for my multimeter, it looks healthy.

There are no errors showing on the dash other than the date has reset back to 2004.

If anybody has any ideas on what I can check I'd appreciate it.

Car is a 2.0T FSI B7.

Thanks

Kris

Ok. So after a few tries this morning to get it going. I gave up. A mate has just been round with a diagnostic port tool. We plugged it in. No faults showing. Checked the multimeter on the battery, down to 9.4. Ok, so its been draining the battery. Put the multi meter across and tried starting the car. It worked. Battery at 14v when running. How does that work then? Seems to start every time now too. Going to leave it for an hour then give it a run.

On a side note, the skid light is on the dash now. My mate thinks this will disappear once the car knows its moving. Does that sound about right?

K

Last edited:
Your mate is about right, it will re calibrate after a short drive.

Your battery is on its way out, it could go on for ages, or fail tomorrow, it's what they do.

Stick yourself a new battery on and it will all be good

New battery in starting ok. Oh, and the skid warning went after 20m or so. I am now happy though minus cash monies :-(

same happened the first morning after I had my car,battery was dead although started at the dealers and ran like a dream on way home.