Car wont start help please!!

Jacz

Reaction score
I'm new to this so sorry if I'm jumping on someone's post... Basically Iv got a Audi A4 3.0 v6 was driving home put my foot down a lil to pull out of a junction and I heard a pop and the car went all limp and completely cut out I rolled to a stop got out smoke was coming from the engine and the exhausts I looked under the bonnet and the air pip was in half I rejoined it waited a while and tried to start it again still the same nothing happened sounds like the car wants to start but dnt seem to be able to keep it running, had a dignostics stick put in and the codes said it was the camshaft sensors on bay 1 changed them both and put in a new battery as battery was completely dead it's still doing the same thing does anyone know any thing else it could be at all please??

When you say air pipe do you mean the intake pipe from the air filter to the engine, sounds like the engine many have back fired ?
Are there any fault codes on the engine now the sensor has been changed ?.Who changed the sensors ?
Are you sure the timing chains are good and the timing hasn't slipped ?.