Car won’t start

Jimps

Reaction score
A3 1.9 tdi 2009, cranks but won’t start, and esp fault on dash

Is it the esp light or the eml light? Did you check the battery in your key fob as the immobiliser can prevent starting?

Immo has bo relationship with the fob battery mate, thats purely for locking systems.

The immo chip in the key uses induction to read & communication with the clocks, there's a coil around the barrel that specifically is for this.

Is it the esp light or the eml light? Did you check the battery in your key fob as the immobiliser can prevent starting?
The esp light is on in dash, says esp fault check owner manual, do you think changing fob battery will work. Car was driving great turned into street, glow lamp plug light came on in dash and engine cut out and now just cranks without starting.

Ok, thought I'd check as owners often get confused over the eml light, glow plug light etc. I can't see how an esp light will prevent the car from starting.
Does the glow plug light go out if you turn the ignition on and leave it?

Abs lights come on if battery is low, it needs to be diagnostically checked if its got abs lights up, this will or should log a fault code.

Ok, thought I'd check as owners often get confused over the eml light, glow plug light etc. I can't see how an esp light will prevent the car from starting.
Does the glow plug light go out if you turn the ignition on and leave it?
Yes glow plug goes out everything else seems ok, very strange

Have had diagnostic tool on it, no codes. Only thing is esp fault on dash, getting fuel etc. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Get some jump leads and try starting it off someone else’s car as it might be the car battery. ESP faults pop up because of the battery sometimes and it’s a bit strange that you’ve got no fault codes

Had similar issues 6 months ago - no faults just esp on dash. Jump started straight away - new battery fixed it so worth trying jump start as suggested to rule it in/out

Have had diagnostic tool on it, no codes. Only thing is esp fault on dash, getting fuel etc. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Esp fault would show a code in 03 abs module, if its a power issue it should also show codes in other modules too for low voltage.