Car vibration at high speed, noticeable through steering and peddles

c_tahoe

Reaction score
I have the symptoms of either an untracked or un balanced set of front wheels after a knock.

During motorway speeds I feel a vibration through the steering and peddles.

I have had the car tracking laser checked and it's spot on, tyre pressures are fine and equal and the front wheels and been re balanced. The problem still exists. A garage road tested it and couldn't find anything wrong with it or loose. They mentioned it could be the symptom of a worn gear box due to a road noise they noticed.

It feels as is something in the front end is shifting left to right or shuddering which is exaggerated at high speeds.

Thanks in advance

Im not a mechanic or anything but there are 2 different 'wobbles' I've found an fixed on my car

1. Driving along at motorway speeds and used to feel like a gust of wind was pushing the rear of the car around - hunter wheel alignment fixed it

2. Wobble at motorway speeds similar to torque steer/wobble in steering wheel - needed new bushes on front wishbones

In addition to the steering wheel, which pedal(s) are you feeling the vibration through and is it only at motorway speeds?

It's only noticeable at above 60 really on a flat road surface. You can feel little bits through the floor, but mainly the brake and gas pedal.

I went to a garage to rotate the wheels round to see if was the tyres causing it. I ended up just putting new tyres on the front which has helped a bit but the vibration is still there.

They noticed the back drivers wheel is buckled from knocking a curb on a roundabout a few months ago. It's on the to do list to fix but not urgent. Could this be causing the slight vibration? As I have been advised it wouldn't be mounts or bushes?