Car vibrates/rough when idle on neutral gear

Aparatos

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Got my car about 3 weeks ago and I noticed something annoying.
When car is in neutral every now and then it vibrayes for a secind or so. I can feel it in cabin and it feels like disel car trying to clean dpf filter.
Its 1.4 cod 1 year old 8k miles. Been to dealer conected to comp. No faults whatsoever. But its annoing me even when i rev it in neutral somethims it feels kind of rough revs dond drop instantly but after split second. Its not happening everytime.
I thought petrol supposed to be smooth or is it jus my car.
I booked it again because mirror doesnt work and heating on it so hopefully i can get some suggestion before. TA

I have a 6mth old 1.4 COD and have thought the same thing. Sometimes it feels like the engine is 'bobbling' about under the bonnet when its idling. Even lifted the bonnet and had a look, but the engine was gently vibrating on its mounts. My thought was that the revs were dropping too much, but just guessing! Strange really??

But why is ot vibrating its annoying me as hell. About revs yes thats whatbi though. If its at 800 i never noticed it if its 750 ish its doing it. Its my first car that ever been vibrating bobbling. So strange

Never once have I detected those vibrations, but maybe your engine cooling fan is out of balance?

Its not fan thats for sure. Even when fan off its happening. Looks like magicians at Audi will have to think about it then.

Definately as its not common, another thing I was thinking about was the climate compressor or alternator loads...

hhm.. Im not sure about compressor but I might be wrong but its happening when AC is on or off.
Hard to guess really. One more thing I noticed is that rev needle moves up and down slightly its hard to notice but I saw it.
To be honest guys little bit disappointed with car. Mirror doesn't work, heating as well on it, steering wheel making noise and this. Hopefully they will sort it all out because I was saving and waiting too long to get this car. It was car I always wanted and bad experience straight away. I know some may say only small issues but not for me. Thanks guys keep ideas coming

Refuse the car if they can't fix it. Don't put up with anything else than perfect.

What you mean when I go and collect after 26th? Thats when its booked. How can I do it. Just say not fixed? What if they insist its normal and that?

Last edited:
Yeah check on return - but seriously it doesn't sound right so I wouldn't accept "they all do that sir"

Is a little vibration grounds to reject a car, seriously? The rpm not instantly dropping sounds normal to me..

Might be normal, I just dont know.
So I am just hoping my courtesy car will be A3 petrol as well, so I can compare. If not I might just ask if we can compare and see whos right.

Probably not, I guess you're not able for the dealership to show you another 1.4, is yours a manual or a stronic?