Car vandalised in a pub carpark

Wanty

Reaction score
The misses went to meet a friend there this evening. Came out an hour or so later to find our 4 week old s3 had been vandalised. Steer clear of this place. The duty manager has reports of cars being broken into as well. Police informed, pub informed neither can help or really care! Me well I will play the long game, it's local enough for me to catch the lovely people involved then get myself nicked for all my hard work lol!
It's something like milkshake but it's everywhere. Rinsed it off but it's all in the window runners. Until the morning it's hard to see if anything else has been done. Check out the pubs latest review on their Facebook page! It s worth a like or two. Cheers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 389
****** scroats need there hands chopping off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wanty
At least it'll be gone with a good wash, just a good thing they never keyed it or something

Do you really expect the cops to be interested because some kids threw milkshake on your car?

No offence mate, but it's hardly vandalism. It'll wash off man. The cops will think your off your head reporting insignificant stuff like this.

Reactions: David Withers
Do you really expect the cops to be interested because some kids threw milkshake on your car?

No offence mate, but it's hardly vandalism. It'll wash off man. The cops will think your off your head reporting insignificant stuff like this.
He said it wasn't milkshake, and of course it's vandalism . What else would you call it? A nice added value dose of paint?

Was there no CCTV at the pub?

I'd call it no big deal. That's what I'd call it. .

Reactions: David Withers
I'd call it no big deal. That's what I'd call it.
So you'd be happy with people chucking stuff on your pride and joy, regardless of what it is?

If it washes off then it's a mild inconvenience at most. Doesn't merit phoning the police in my opinion. You're lucky to get the cops to investigate house break ins - just imagine the boys in blue in the cop shop when the call came in about the pesky kids throwing milkshake on an A3!

I hope it turns out to be something innocuous, unlike the oven cleaner that was sprayed over four cars in my mate's street, all of which needed to be resprayed at the cost of several thousand pounds.

Reactions: Don76
Mmm
I had a freind who had his car covered with spray cream at his wedding. It was a black car too! The paint was ruined and it needed a complete respray. The body shop had to go right down to bare metal in most places as the fats has penetrated to ecoat.

So best to wait to see if it does wash off before making any judgements either way methinks.

But at best it's still vandalism.

Reactions: 4K and Wanty
Had a BMW E92 a few cars back..... ******* ran over the bonnet, roof and boot! Result was new bonnet, roof and boot and full respray which cost me 7,000 euro......

Vandalism is Vandalism what ever is chucked, thrown or poured on your car..... FULL STOP!

Reactions: voorhees, 4K and S32B
In that case, Allah vandalises my car everytime it rains.

Reactions: Blackwhite
If it's not vandalism then what would you class it as? If you caught someone doing that to your car you'd just smile and shrug it off? Ha! It's one of a spate of petty crimes that are happening in that area maybe by the same individual/individuals.
Either way I wasn't happy. Especially after only owning it for four weeks. Yes it's washed off but at the time my wife was pretty upset by it all.

Reactions: 4K
If it washes off then it's a mild inconvenience at most. Doesn't merit phoning the police in my opinion. You're lucky to get the cops to investigate house break ins - just imagine the boys in blue in the cop shop when the call came in about the pesky kids throwing milkshake on an A3!

Ha!

Things that start out as minor can soon turn major! Once they get bored of getting away with milkshake they move it up a level.

If I saw anyone throwing anything at my car I'd give them a crack.

Reactions: Jake 61 and Wanty
Some people on here make me laugh how they make out like it's nothing and they would be happy for people to do it to there pride and joy would love to watch there faces if somebody did it to there car we are all probably on here because were car people and probably spend a lot of time and money looking after are cars if we didn't care why would you go on a Audi forum?

Reactions: 4K and Wanty
My point wasn't that it's acceptable to throw milkshakes on cars. It's clearly not.

But to phone the cops and expect them to be interested....Too far.

Glad there's no damage and to be fair, mine is 13 months old now and turned 48k miles today, so perhaps that new car buzz is a distant memory....

On the bright side. Gives you an excuse to give it another wash

He said it wasn't milkshake, and of course it's vandalism . What else would you call it? A nice added value dose of paint?

Was there no CCTV at the pub?
I've edited this post, and others that reference it. @4K, express your opinions by all means, but mind your manners when you're doing it, please.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I think this is the worse behaviour,wanton damage where no gain is made to the perp,my side mirrors were ripped off my Audi but they were selling them on so I could see what they were doing it for (was livid about it though) but to do something for no reason is a deep down psychological problem of the perp.

@Wanty have you gave a review on trip advisor yet ? I always check reviews before booking/visiting places/hotels/pubs

It could be milkshake or it could be someone that really , really likes new S3's .

Reactions: Wanty and Pulp84
I think this is the worse behaviour,wanton damage where no gain is made to the perp,my side mirrors were ripped off my Audi but they were selling them on so I could see what they were doing it for (was livid about it though) but to do something for no reason is a deep down psychological problem of the perp.

@Wanty have you gave a review on trip advisor yet ? I always check reviews before booking/visiting places/hotels/pubs
Trust me I vented my anger at the pub. I posted on their Facebook page. Made them aware that there's drug taking going on in their carpark as well as other unsociable behaviour. The worst part for was I wasn't there my wife of 11 months had to deal with it.

Trust me I vented my anger at the pub. I posted on their Facebook page. Made them aware that there's drug taking going on in their carpark as well as other unsociable behaviour. The worst part for was I wasn't there my wife of 11 months had to deal with it.
It's a managed pub with the correct protocole it's long forgotten about.

Maybe fit a dash cam in there and catch these @£$%%** next time!

Dash cams are great for recording real time driving incidents but without hard wiring them to record continually when the ignition is off there is no point. I have one but fitted but if some chav decides to scratch my car for example it won't catch it.. Although if I see him do it then it's fair game to buff it out with his face...

Dash cams are great for recording real time driving incidents but without hard wiring them to record continually when the ignition is off there is no point.
They can be wired to do that, though. Mine is wired to a permanent live with a power management box to shut it down if the battery voltage drops below a pre-agreed limit.

They can be wired to do that, though. Mine is wired to a permanent live with a power management box to shut it down if the battery voltage drops below a pre-agreed limit.

I looked into it but realistically is it worth it? Unless you have both front/rear and may be both side cams! These are not super cars so it depends on the owner and how anal they are with their car really..
How modern cars are not automatically fitted with these cams I don't know. No doubt in a few yrs it will be a requirement and will enable insurance incidents to be settled relatively fast...

Reactions: Wanty and jdp1962