Car value... seems severe? B9 S4

mrobbie

Reaction score
Has anyone a view on how the value of the B9 S4 is holding? I’m 21 months into a 48 month PCP, below agreed mileage, 3.1% finance, and my settlement figure is approx £7k more than trade price

Approaching the half way mark in a PCP I always expected to be in the negative, but that amount is much higher than expected.

Anyone seen similar on theirs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was your agreed mileage? The lower it is the higher the balloon payment...

It's about average, things should start to equalize, but you are less than halfway through your agreement then after that you can look at just returning the car. But really PCP aren't about seeing much, if any, equity. They are just aimed at those who want a new car every two or three years..

Reactions: Terminator x
Thanks

Yes know the PCP isn’t about equity. My Focus ST trade price cleared the balance after the half way point. My 5 series was a couple of k under. The S4 is worrying. It may be a hand back at the 50% paid stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cuke2u
Savage depreciation on cars these days, list price on mine was around £46k as specced, just over 3 years later and it's worth £13k

Heavy discounting, up to and over 17%, is to blame as well...
Screenshot 20200314 131130 Chrome

I think it’s a combination of increased guarantee future value on PCP and weak second hand market.
My S4 is 3 years in May and my PCP deal ends. My GFV is £22k, dealer offered me £24k for trade in! My car has most options including sports diff and I’ve only done 21.5k miles. On my last few PCP deals I’ve had about £5-6k equity at the end.

Ive got another years warranty so will be keeping my car......also the new S4 TDi isn’t for me!

Plus the fact the petrol engined versions have been superseded by the facelifted devil's engine ;-)

Reactions: Keef
That only increases the value of my petrol S4 in my mind

Reactions: cuke2u and SiPie
Unfortunately the motor trade doesn't make decisions with their hearts...

Supply and demand , when I was looking a4 in 2016 big discounts on fleet sales but A3 hardly any additional % this filters down at trade in time ,Golfs used to hold very well but I’m a bit out of touch these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When the A4 was introduced there were discounts of around 14% now on the 2020 model they are 17%...

When the A4 was introduced there were discounts of around 14% now on the 2020 model they are 17%...

If I recall our fleet deal was 20% total on the A4 and 15% on the A3 despite the A3 being a 4 yr old model at that time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: tickedon and cuke2u
I took a new 2 year lease deal out on my S4 Avant in September 2017 and it's list price was £44,300 and I decided to buy it out of the lease when it came up ( Sept 2019). It had 34,000 miles on it and I paid £25,850 for it which felt like a great deal for me. Audi Edinburgh offerd to buy the car from me at £29,530.

On a side note, I was told by Audi when I took out the lease I would not be able to purchase the car, however buying it was not a problem at all. It's an amazing car and I can't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon. Only issue i've had with the car was the engine water pump burst and it needed 3 days in the garage to be fixed but thankfully it was covered under warrinty. I don't drive the car very gentle....

Hopefully this helps and from what I can tell my car is worth more than what I paid for it as values seem to be holding well....

Reactions: SiPie, Keef and cuke2u