car to get after the s3?

Pazzer

Reaction score
Hi folks,

What cars have people gone onto after the s3? I've had mine nearly a year and can't think of anything else I'd want!

Dan

Reactions: Muggles190
A bit too steep for me, would love a drive in one though!

Reactions: 45bvtc and Scottyg
I'm in the same boat too.
I will have had my S3 for 3 years in May, even now it's the longest I've had a car and I still think it's great
I've spent a fair bit on it and got it more or less how I want it.
It's got a few miles on the clock now but I think it's good for a good few more yet.
I keep looking at the 8V S3 as I see that as a logical progression and the amount of kit you can get is impressive, but it's a fair jump up in price that, tbh I don't think I can justify yet.
I know if I see one though that ticks all the boxes I'll do it!

Reactions: Pergan
I will have had my S3 for 3 years in May, even now it's the longest I've had a car and I still think it's great
It's got a few miles on the clock now but I think it's good for a good few more yet.
I keep looking at the 8V S3 as I see that as a logical progression and the amount of kit you can get is impressive, but it's a fair jump up in price that, tbh I don't think I can justify yet.
Yeah they are quite dear. What if any mods have you done?

Yeah they are quite dear. What if any mods have you done?
APR 2+ with supporting mods
KW coilovers
H&R front and rear anti roll bars
Anti lift kit
19" BBS wheels

Also I've retrofitted
Front and rear optical park
Auto lights and wipers
Black roof rails
AMI

The 8V S3 is also one of, if not the, most stolen cars atm too

APR 2+ with supporting mods
KW coilovers
H&R front and rear anti roll bars
Anti lift kit
19" BBS wheels

Also I've retrofitted
Front and rear optical park
Auto lights and wipers
Black roof rails
AMI

The 8V S3 is also one of, if not the, most stolen cars atm too
Nice, no doubt put quite a dent in the wallet!

Yeah this forum is great for helping you to spend money lol

Back on topic if it wasn't to be another S3, I think I'd be tempted by the M235i/M240i if only for the sound of the engine, the 1 series doesn't quite do it for me styling wise.
The mk7 golf R is nice but is too common and most used ones are bog standard spec. Also not as classy as the S3 imo
S4 is nice but is a step up size wise, some nice kit on it though
S5, again like the S4 but in a sexier less practical body
It's all personal choice tbh

Yeah it really is, I'm just considering getting some new alloys for mine, was considering rotors but I do quite like the facelift s3 alloys.

I might change in 18 months times and like you the 8V does seem the mutts nuts.

But top of my list is the Golf R MK7 or the Focus RS MK3. I did think about a E90 M3 but doing 40 miles a day for work I don't that would be a good idea as the running costs are high

Reactions: DJ_26
I find myself either looking at lease deals on MK7Rs, but talk myself out of it. Or a 4door C63 - rubbish box, but that big v8 makes up for it.

Hi folks,

What cars have people gone onto after the s3? I've had mine nearly a year and can't think of anything else I'd want!

Dan

Been asking myself the same question for the last year:help: and have considered the same options Golf R, S4 S5 etc. but very loathed to sell
the S3 as it's it doses everything I want from a car in terms of size, performance build quality etc. Still looking. Wish the RS3 had a manual box option like the TTRS.

I went straight into a 2005 Cayman S after my S3

Was a fantastic car then bought a 2009 Audi S4 Avant which was great as well!

Reactions: Pazzer
Been asking myself the same question for the last year:help: and have considered the same options Golf R, S4 S5 etc. but very loathed to sell
the S3 as it's it doses everything I want from a car in terms of size, performance build quality etc. Still looking. Wish the RS3 had a manual box option like the TTRS.
Couldn't agree more on the gearbox!

Reactions: MalcB
Wish I never saw this thread. I keep looking at new cars now.

The new Leon Cupra 290 looks good for the money

Reactions: S.
IMG 0747

Keep the 8P!

Reactions: HHS3, S., MalcB and 2 others
it doesn't happen everyday but another genius reveals himself!! that's one pretty interior

Thank you mate! Its a lot of stuff you can improve on your S3! Take the cardholder for example, thats a bottle holder in my car. And the small glowing dot next to the esp button is my Aux 3.5mm connector.

Ask me what to do with your car and i can give you at least 1 more season with you beloved car!

Reactions: Pazzer

Thank you mate! Its a lot of stuff you can improve on your S3! Take the cardholder for example, thats a bottle holder in my car. And the small glowing dot next to the esp button is my Aux 3.5mm connector.

Ask me what to do with your car and i can give you at least 1 more season with you beloved car!

Nicely done mate, I also have converted the card tray into the bottle holder so now that slot on the dash actually has a meaningful function!

Loving those vents, please tell me more as I would like to do that in mine.

Reactions: Pergan
Nicely done mate, I also have converted the card tray into the bottle holder so now that slot on the dash actually has a meaningful function!

Loving those vents, please tell me more as I would like to do that in mine.

There is a thread about it, just search for 8V vents retrofit in 8P section and i'm sure you will find it! I have posted some pictures there!
I had the bottle holder with the concert before and when i was retrofitting the rns-e i wasnt so happy about the card tray.. so i never mounted one!