CAR TAX

john2garden

Gonad
Reaction score
Had my renewal through the other day before the Postal strike (thats a joke too) The cost of taxing my car has gone up by a fiver.

Does anyone know why we pay more each year and if so can they explain where all this extra money is going to?

Because I don't know if it is just me but the roads are just as ***** as they were last year. :keule:

i would have to say the roads are alot worse than they were last year...all this extra money is probably going on the M1 widening which is a complete waste of time

errr, no, all the money is going to the idle, only on the news today 2.7m people in the UK are claiming invalidity benefit....in excess of £12 billion per annum its costing us OVERTAXED taxpayers!....I have no doubt that those truely suffering its not a problem...but those off with "stress", "Acne", etc, need a stiff kick up the backside....and get back to work !
The problem is that its easy life for some people to sit at home & claim benefits, rather than get back to work...

£5 a year? They make more than that on £10 of unleaded, if you're going to have a rant at least pick something a little higher up the list.

Yep, there's a good case to be made for abolishing car tax......... It's basically just a nuisance tax, which various degrees of scum don't bother paying anyway......... and putting 0.0001 pence on a litre of petrol, or whatever it would be!

Also think of all the taxpayers money that could be saved by shutting down the DVLA (or the VLA anyway) and the Police would have a bit more time to do other, more productive things, like more 'diversity' training.......!! (that bit was a irony BTW, just incase anyone thought I'd gone all PC)