car salesmen Help please

stony2002

Reaction score
I've just bought a audi a3 1.6 sport, every things great about it minus a few things i asked for which he hasn't completed yet.
I've took the car away and he has said that he will get them sorted when they all arrive/found.

missing audi leather book and manuals
missing radio code
missing 2nd key (said he has lost it in his showroom because of moving offices)

I've took the car away and he said that he will get back to me with these items, I'm more concerned about the key and the radio code as they are the most expensive items to sort out.

i have a gut feeling he's going to palm me off as he's got my money, were do i stand if he decides to not give me these items?

Wouldn't have taken it off the forecourt to be honest. He may be ok but experience has led me to my opinion

Reactions: WOLF
Yeah in agreement with ijgreer. You had more influence when he still had the car and you had your money waiting. Good luck with it.
I'd personally go see him and ask him what's happening and set him a dead line

Wouldn't have taken it off the forecourt to be honest. He may be ok but experience has led me to my opinion

This is right,i bought a van for work that had at least 5 things i wanted doing,yeh yeh i'll get them done for you he said.When it was delivered at least 2 faults were still there,,that was a year ago!
They will promise you anything to get your money then they dont give a toss!!
I had revenge by constantley ringing his number when i was on nights at 2AM and waking him up,i did this for about 3 months so feel better.:whistle2:

I'm more concerned about the key to be honest as its the most expensive thing to sort out,
is the key audi dealer only or can i go to an independent for a new key?

audi a3 1.6fsi sport
56 reg

does anybody know how much I'm looking at for a new key? or is it worth just taking key cover insurance out and going down that rout

Just to add a positive, when i bought the A8 the salesman was a nice chap. Just sat there chatting away on the test drive etc. Then when signing the papers he got a phone call and was like no just sold it, then carried on doing the paperwork. I was like was that for the audi, he was like yeah had loads of interest but didnt bother mentioning i as everyone does the "had 8 guys ring me last week" trick.

I was quite taken aback actually. Charlton Motor Company - lovely people!

I'm more concerned about the key to be honest as its the most expensive thing to sort out,
is the key audi dealer only or can i go to an independent for a new key?

audi a3 1.6fsi sport
56 reg

does anybody know how much I'm looking at for a new key? or is it worth just taking key cover insurance out and going down that rout

think your looking between £150-£180 main dealer. There is a few members off ASN that can do keys but other than that I personally wouldn't trust anyone else. Search for more key info, been covered plenty of times and it will point you in the right direction of the members who cam do it and where there based

main dealer upto 220 for that key and a 2-3 week wait. I could supply one for a lot less and remove the old ones from the system. Ill pm my details.