1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car running like bad after remap

Zans Jul 12, 2019 at 11:21 AM

1. Zans

Zans Member

Hello, i own and audi s8 APY and after getting it remaped multiple problems popped up:

-car runs very rough on cold start (wiggles between 850 to 1200) for about 10 mins (driving or idle) and then runs normally at 850ish rpm. On a hot start, 90deg, it runs direcly fine at 850ish rmp

-after hard acceleration it pops and bangs from the exhaust, then smells like unburnt fuel, i mean i like the sound of it but it makes the engine run too rich i think and that's not good

-spark plugs were also changed at the tuner for brand new NGK BKR7E, but the clearance wasn't measured cause the tuner said it doesn't matter (what?)

-timing is sh*t and it shows itself during driving, when driving in 4th at 100kmph, the car starts shacking back and forth, same goes for any gear when continuously driving in low gear at high rpm (more than 3500) (also attached the timing log in neutral gear)

-one error code popped up: 17748/P1340/004928 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) / Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Incor. Correlation

-Now i'm just thinking that the tune was very bad and the best idea now would be to get the ecu back to stock

-At some point got a low oil pressure but that was only once and when driving up on a high slope

-The tuner also told be to replace my coils with tfsi ones because the car is misfiring (was running great before the tune)

-Car has 190000km on the clock, it made 283 hp on the dyno

My mods: Airtech FMIC, BKR7E spark plugs, n75j, 76mm catless downpipe, n112 moved under the intake manifold (basically the vacuum hose to the recic valve is longer, doubt it makes any difference), SAI delete, ramair air filter, silicone hoses ect...

Thanks a lot for reading)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2019 at 11:37 AM
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. AndrewW

AndrewW Member

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 11:39 AM
    Zans likes this.
  4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Can people please stop asking for map files on the open forum... this is not a file share site and while I sympathise with your issue ASN cannot be associated with sharing map files as legally its a very grey area..

I will edit your post accordingly....

With regards to your issue....

The fault code you have is related to the cam belt being a tooth or more out... this tends to lead to running issues... I suggest you investigate top to bottom timing and fix that issue first

Other running issues could be from air leaks... I would suggest a smoke test along with a visual inspection to check if there are any obvious split hoses (normally PCV related)

As for fitting TFSi coil packs... firstly your packs are bolt down so you will need adaptors regardless as the APY cam cover isn't designed for push in coil packs... secondly don't get dragged into the hype of TFSi coils... they are realistically no better than fitting a new set of 1.8t ones... buy genuine though..

Did you get an AFR plot from the dyno?

<tuffty/>

5. AndrewW

AndrewW Member

Oops my bad!

6. Zans

Zans Member

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry for asking about the files didn't know it was illegal.
    I will check the timing belt, and do a smoke test, what is AFR plot?

7. AmanDosangh

AmanDosangh Member

I had that same error code when my timing slipped 2 teeth. May be worth a check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

Your description of your running issues are very similar to when my timing was out. I urge you to take Tufftys advise on that as a priority

AmanDosangh likes this.
  9. Zans

Zans Member

Thanks a lot! Will investigate as soon as possible

10. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

as said start with fixing the mechanical issue. correlation error, belt slipped or on wrong from last change.

11. Zans

Zans Member

Okay thanks a lot! What should be tge correct clearance for the spark plugs? Or it doesnt matter?

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Fuelling... APY is a narrow band ECU for the lambda... it won't log air fuel ratio (AFR) under full load like wide open throttle on the road or a dyno so most tuners use a wideband AFR logger to be able to tune fuel properly

You 'should' have this with your dyno plot assuming they logged it using the dyno

<tuffty/>

14. Zans

Zans Member

He only gave me a paper with the power and torque curves. Will ask him about the AFR