car registration number regarding insurance

tektrob

Reaction score
HI Guys

Its my first time buying a brand new car and only collected it yesterday but I am trying to get a insurance quotes and for example in go compare my reg plate still not recognized does it take some time or ? because my 5 day complimentary insurance runs out on Saturday.

If anyone else experienced the same thing would be helpful some advice.

HI Guys

Its my first time buying a brand new car and only collected it yesterday but I am trying to get a insurance quotes and for example in go compare my reg plate still not recognized does it take some time or ? because my 5 day complimentary insurance runs out on Saturday.

If anyone else experienced the same thing would be helpful some advice.
Takes around 24-48 hours

Reactions: tektrob
If by saturday it still doesnt come up, get a quote by putting car details in manually and see who is the cheapest and then phone them up and they should still be able to do it

If by saturday it still doesnt come up, get a quote by putting car details in manually and see who is the cheapest and then phone them up and they should still be able to do it

You can get quotes now on any of the comparison sites without the reg number as @furkan says just enter the car details manually

yeah guys, seems like that would be my option by saturday if reg plate doesnt come up by them lets hope. Ive never done it this way before but could be the only way I guess.

Mine hadn't come up by the time I took delivery, just do the quote online, ring them up and they can add the reg number manually and complete the quote for you there and then.

just phoned diamond to get my policy changed from my a3 to the s3. i had got quotes previously so i knew what to expect and surprisingly the s3 was cheaper to insure then the a3.

Gave the lady my new reg and it didn't come up so she put details in manually. i explained to her that there is many variants of the a3/s3 over the years and explained when getting a quote i found the correct car under a3> s3 tfsi 2013.

she ran the quote and said it will be an additional £750! got her to check the quote i had online and it ended up with me getting a refund of £28 because she selected the wrong car.

so just be wary when changing over manually.

just phoned diamond to get my policy changed from my a3 to the s3. i had got quotes previously so i knew what to expect and surprisingly the s3 was cheaper to insure then the a3.

Gave the lady my new reg and it didn't come up so she put details in manually. i explained to her that there is many variants of the a3/s3 over the years and explained when getting a quote i found the correct car under a3> s3 tfsi 2013.

she ran the quote and said it will be an additional £750! got her to check the quote i had online and it ended up with me getting a refund of £28 because she selected the wrong car.

so just be wary when changing over manually.

Yeah thats my worry that its more complicated when entering it manually it will involve couple calls to the insurance company so I am hoping the reg to appear within couple of days.