Car not behaving in general... HELP!!

antheawad

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Having replaced our written off A6 with a newer one, 6 months on we are starting to get some gremlins...

Firstly average mpg is AWFUL!! Talking low 20's!!! I know it's a 3litre quattro but this is stupid!!

Then we now have issues with what seems to be the electrics. On Friday I got a light on the dash saying the high level brake light was out which it was. However, that rectified itself by the following day for some reason.

Yesterday the car was abit reluctant to start, but it did. However I noticed that the dash didn't come on straight away. The same
happened today, and then later when I went to start it again, the yellow battery light came on.

I nipped round to see my mechanic who tested the battery for me and he says it's levels are ok and it is charging.

So I'm wondering what could be draining the battery... And could it have something to do with the high level brake light not being happy
on Friday?

I've also noticed my rear wash water isn't working, but the car is due back with Audi at some point for a recall on this so hoping that'll get
sorted then.

The car is a 2005 A6 Avant 3.0 Tdi Quattro CVT SE ( I think I got that right!!)

Any thoughts anyone?

Thank you in advance.

Anthea

check the compartment on the left hand side in the boot where the mmi is as on the avants the rear pipe splits flooding this area...... that may well have damaged something leaving a short.