Car lease - Private plate

Chris5

Reaction score
When trying to get the plate on my car through the dvla website it asks me for the v5 number which I don't have as my car is leased through VW financial services so how would this work? Also I read I will need to make the nominee VW finance aswell?
Can anyone with a lease car and private reg on the car and gone through VW Financial help me

Is 'leased' different from PCP? My wife has just purchased a new VW Polo through VW Finance Soluntions PCP and she had it registered from the start with her private plate and also has the V5 sent from the DVLA.

Yeah lease is different. No options at the end of the agreement I just hand it back then get my rs4 next lol.
VW Finance hold on to my V5 document. They aren't open Saturday's either which I would have thought the busiest day for them would have been. Pain in the *** as I wanted to get the plates on asap

Yeah that's why I don't have a V5 bit of a pain but prefer lease deals to anything else now. Road tax, maintenance and services paid for can't beat it

Yeah that's why I don't have a V5 bit of a pain but prefer lease deals to anything else now. Road tax, maintenance and services paid for can't beat it
I've heard in the past insurance companies can be funny with lease cars? Is that something that you've ever seen? Some won't insure etc?

As for mods I guess they're a "no no" as you don't technically own the car?

Was fine to insure and about the mods not to sure iv not told them about my springs or wheel spacers

Reactions: MA3RC
PCP is just a loan really. You buy the car. Lease - you never own it.

It's nothing of the sort. If you take out a loan to buy the car the two things are separate - you own the car outright but obviously owe the lender the money back. If you default on loan repayments they have to obtain a court order to recover money from you. Ultimately this could result in bailiffs taking your possessions, car included. With PCP you don't own the car until you've finished paying for it, including the balloon payment at the end. If you default, they can simply reposess the car as it's theirs anyway. This is an important difference.

Regards the OP's question, talk to the lease company, they'll have to do it as it's their car.

Reactions: Chris5