Car keeps alarming Help Required! S3 8P

Sam Axon

Reaction score
Car; Audi S3 8P 3 Door
So randomly the other night at 5am my car started alarming, so attended it and reset ok.
last night at 12am again randomly went off and reset ok, parked up at work today locked it and walked away and it realarmed.
Turned off the interior scan and movement sensor walked away and its gone off again.

So...

Scanned with vcds and came back with the following;
- rear glass break sensor was active, so i cleared it with no issues but i guess if messed with it could re-appear?
- immobiliser module - control module ROM error 014 - defective (could not clear)
-door elec, pass - locking module for central locking - 008 implusible signal (could not clear)

Any help would be appreciated, i'm getting annoyed and im sure my neighbours will be too.

Is it a genuine rosstech cable , just your codes are not registered with them , now if it is another type off tool you've used it can throw up incorrect codes

Is it a genuine rosstech cable , just your codes are not registered with them , now if it is another type off tool you've used it can throw up incorrect codes
It's a genuine ross-tech lead.

It should store details of what event triggered the alarm if I remember correctly. Saying that, the fact that your immobilizer module is logging errors could be the reason why it's setting the alarm off.

Car; Audi S3 8P 3 Door
So randomly the other night at 5am my car started alarming, so attended it and reset ok.
last night at 12am again randomly went off and reset ok, parked up at work today locked it and walked away and it realarmed.
Turned off the interior scan and movement sensor walked away and its gone off again.

So...

Scanned with vcds and came back with the following;
- rear glass break sensor was active, so i cleared it with no issues but i guess if messed with it could re-appear?
- immobiliser module - control module ROM error 014 - defective (could not clear)
-door elec, pass - locking module for central locking - 008 implusible signal (could not clear)

Any help would be appreciated, i'm getting annoyed and im sure my neighbours will be too.
I am having this same issue. I’ve looked into it further through this forum and others and spoke to a mechanic. I’ve discover that my rear washer is leaking and running through into the boot lock which is messing with the sensors or something and making the car think the boot is opened hence the alarm.
Hope this helps

I am having this same issue. I’ve looked into it further through this forum and others and spoke to a mechanic. I’ve discover that my rear washer is leaking and running through into the boot lock which is messing with the sensors or something and making the car think the boot is opened hence the alarm.
Hope this helps

In your case you need a new wiper motor, just make sure your mechanic fits a genuine Valeo motor. It’s a common problem and the boot switch will probably need replacing as well else you’ll still have the alarm going off again.

If it is the boot sensor and you just need to get the damn car closed \ locked up again and armed you can disconnect the two pin harness connected to the lock. This is the wiring to the sensor to detect whether the boot is opened or closed. Disconnecting makes the car think the boot is close and will enable you to lock and arm the car until you get everything sorted. I know this only too well as I had to figure something out at 2:00am when my damn alarm decided to keep going off.

The sensor provides continuity between the two pins when the boot lock is open and breaks continuity when boot lock closed. Water in the sensor provides continuity hence the car thinking that the boot is open.

The actual boot locking mechanism is handled by another solenoid connected to the lock via a linkage. Totally separate from the boot open and close sensor so you will still be able to open and close the boot via the keyfob.

Sensor is part of the tailgate lock so to replace it you need a new locking mechanism. If you are lucky you can just try drying it out thoroughly and test the sensor with a multi-meter.

You will have to fix the cause first which is most likely a leak from the wiper motor.