car jumpy when letting off accelartion

sakib

Reaction score
Hi all posted before about this and just figured it out why my car is jumpy when i let off accelarater and makes a knock noise like its from.gearbox...... but now i have figured when it does that and its when my foot is resting on the clutch pedal but when it isnt and i let off accelarater its fine does anyone know why its doing that as my foots only resting on clutch pedal with not much weight on ........

Yes clutch biting point is pretty high but not slipping as of yet and pulls good through all gears. Just worried as am going skeggness for a week total round trip of 250 miles and dont want clutch going ...bear in mind last sunday i did 400 round trip to kent and back from west yorkshire

Flywheel/clutch related... probably the DMF...

<tuffty/>
When i say let off accelarater i mean while am driving not in still position . But when ma foot is not resting car is spot on. just when its slightly pressed to where the cruise control saftey knock off feature is it jumps n clonks when letting off

I had the same issue, and it was sorted with new (uprated) engine mounts and dogbone bushes. If the engine mounts are worn, maybe your engine sags and moves excessively. Having your foot on the clutch might be just that last bit of movement that causes something to knock...

Reactions: sakib
I will change engine and dog mount see what happens