Car Jack?

thefunkygibbon

Reaction score
I needed a jack the other day for my other car and it was easier to get to the S5 to grab that one, I opened up the boot, took the boot bit up and had a good look around the wheel and under it, couldn't for the life of me find a jack?!

Where is it? It must have one, right? if there're giving you a wheel, a hi vis jacket and emergency sign and a first aid kit, they wouldn't just skank you out of the main thing which you NEED to change a wheel.... would they??? (hoping i just couldn't find it)

My jack is def in the boot at the back!

I've just checked mine (S5 Sportback) and I can't find it! Looked whats beneath the spare wheel, but only found the battery and a subwoofer.
Anyone know where is it? Its pretty stupid to give a spare wheel with no jack!

In the cabrio it's under the wheel at the bumper end. The audi bag on the other side of the wheel is my hi vis vest. I also found a small gold bottle of castrol oil behind the first aid kit in the panel at the side of the boot! I did wonder if they would provide some!

The subwoofer in the cab is actually underneath the normal speaker in the left hand side rear door pocket (instead of the pocket)

Jack

I've found it! This is on an S5 Sportback:

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_70a.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_70a.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 522
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_70b.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_70b.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 520
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_70c.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_70c.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 893
In the cabrio it's under the wheel at the bumper end. The audi bag on the other side of the wheel is my hi vis vest. I also found a small gold bottle of castrol oil behind the first aid kit in the panel at the side of the boot! I did wonder if they would provide some!

The subwoofer in the cab is actually underneath the normal speaker in the left hand side rear door pocket (instead of the pocket)

View attachment 129658 .

Just as a general tip, if you're ever planning on going to France you might want to move the high viz vests into the car passenger compartment as you are supposed to put it on before you exit the car if you break down. In the boot is not considered "acceptable" in such situations - I only know this as a friend from work got fined for not having his hi-viz in the passenger compartment (it was in the boot)!!! I've put mine in the back corner of the door side bin (there's a "perfect" space there for it!).

Just as a general tip, if you're ever planning on going to France you might want to move the high viz vests into the car passenger compartment as you are supposed to put it on before you exit the car if you break down. In the boot is not considered "acceptable" in such situations - I only know this as a friend from work got fined for not having his hi-viz in the passenger compartment (it was in the boot)!!! I've put mine in the back corner of the door side bin (there's a "perfect" space there for it!).

Thanks for the advice - I didn't know that! They were in the door pocket when I picked the car up, but not at the back of the pocket - I'll have a look for a better place to hide them away. Although going abroad I usually fly and hire a car if necessary! lol