Car is back from the dealership

SamB2020

Reaction score
I’ll try and keep this as short as possible.
Today I collected my car back from the dealership, so after a few back and forth’s with me saying something wasn’t right with the car and it was very notchie from 3rd to 4th and makes a awful noise when stationary the dealer removed the gearbox and contacted Audi technical to be told to swap the box for a new one. While it was there they have replaced a rear shock absorber that was leaking and applied a software update for the parking sensors.
Now I admit that I’ve been very unimpressed with the car and even had the chance to reject the car, but I’ve stuck with it.
Today the car feels completely different it’s smooth changing gear the mmi hasn’t done any reboots and I’m now glad I’ve stuck with it.
The dealership has been fantastic and couldn’t apologise enough for all the problems I’ve had since I brought it. Today when I collected the car back the lady who I’ve been dealing with from the service department gave me a Audi collection bag with some Audi branded goodies inside .
Today I’ve had my faith in Audi and the car restored and hopefully I can now enjoy some trouble free motoring.

Reactions: Mryolon, Baldyone, Steve940 and 12 others
I think you can also be confident that should your car develop any other issue then your dealership will be on it.....hopefully the car is pukka now.

Reactions: SamB2020
Glad you've got it sorted Sam, I'm having some large issues myself at the moment.

Wish I had an ounce of faith in the company, they've cocked up the most simple of tasks - and the continued lies keep flooding in from so many different areas.

I'll look forward to testing out the SOS/mmi reboot once I get it back.

Glad your dealership seem humane enough to recognise the poor experience.

Could I ask the rear shock absorber issue you had, was there a noise this was creating? I am getting an intermittent noise vibration/shudder sound. I have today collected my car back from the dealership having had the electrical fault. New alternator has been fitted and 3 software updates carried out.
ALD are following up the fact the car doesn’t have electric seats but apparently Audi knew nothing about a misbuild?

Well that's a lie about the misbuild. I've seen your email (guessing you're Tammy?)

I'll dig out the info I have this weekend and ping it across to you

But you can see from this video they were apparently supposed to contact everyone with the missing seats - in hindsight why would they? - it costs them money every owner who finds out about it.

Could I ask the rear shock absorber issue you had, was there a noise this was creating? I am getting an intermittent noise vibration/shudder sound. I have today collected my car back from the dealership having had the electrical fault. New alternator has been fitted and 3 software updates carried out.
ALD are following up the fact the car doesn’t have electric seats but apparently Audi knew nothing about a misbuild?
While the car was in for the gearbox inspection the dealership noticed the rear shock had been misting oil , I never heard or noticed anything to be honest, it’s something the garage picked up while it was on the ramp

Reactions: Tamara023
Yes, still spinning the unaware line, I have watched your videos thank you and anything you can send over will be great.

It’s been an absolute shambles to be fair , car fitted with a new alternator and I asked if the noise had been addressed also, they advised they had took it on a significant test drive…got in the car and it hadn’t done a single mile since being towed away last Monday.
Then started the car and 3 different warnings popped up. They basically cleared them and sent me on my way.

All car manufacturers have more detailed build records than anyone could imagine - that’s how they know the cars to recall when something like a bad batch of seat belt fasteners are identified. Saying they don’t know is a fob-off.

Rear shock absorber failure is usually a thumping sound over potholes, moreso around bends that unload that side of the car. The tyre also develops a shark tooth pattern over time - easier to google for a better explanation than I could do.

Last edited:
All car manufacturers have more detailed build records than anyone could imagine - that’s how they know the cars to recall when something like a bad batch of seat belt fasteners are identified. Saying they don’t know is a fob-off.

Rear shock absorber failure is usually a thumping sound over potholes, moreso around bends that unload that side of the car. The tyre also develops a shark tooth pattern over time - easier to google for a better explanation than I could do.
Thank that is very helpful, that sounds very similar to be honest, it’s more noticeable over uneven roads and also at times of turning sometime such as into the drive or into a car park space